• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tale of two Deuces

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Met the new owner and seems like a good guy. Will be interesting what will happen with all the goodies. LOW-T did exceptional today, moved the M1009 out of the way and free the deuce from her birth. Thanks @chucky for letting me borrow your snatch block, worked perfectly 😉. She pulled the deuce home with no issues 30-40 mph, temp got up to 200 degrees a couple times, good oil pressure and air pressure. Note to put a piece of pipe insulation on the tcase lever. That thing gets hot as hell!!!View attachment 873903View attachment 873904View attachment 873905View attachment 873906View attachment 873907View attachment 873908View attachment 873909View attachment 873910View attachment 873911View attachment 873912View attachment 873903
Agreed... That shift lever shouldn't be that hot.
Even on a hot day, anything more than "air temperature warm" is hotter than it should be.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
oh my even the the rudies bbq cups ! If you really want to impress every where i ever went that was first class had fried shrimps so you better get the deep fryer out and change the oil from last years fish fry and get some high end beverages like BUSH in the cans its on sale at walmart this week

Rhino 5/4

Put the outside duals I took off from the 109 for spares back on and thought I'd put the new master cylinder on right quick grrrrrrrr. Had all 4 bolts in so pita #1 and not sure what this master cylinder is for but those cap plugs are not on the ones I have thus pita #2. Gotta take them out to slide it through the extraction hole in the fame, an hour later. Took about 15 min to put the new one with all 4 bolts installed.
20220728_202057.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put the outside duals I took off from the 109 for spares back on and thought I'd put the new master cylinder on right quick grrrrrrrr. Had all 4 bolts in so pita #1 and not sure what this master cylinder is for but those cap plugs are not on the ones I have thus pita #2. Gotta take them out to slide it through the extraction hole in the fame, an hour later. Took about 15 min to put the new one with all 4 bolts installed.
View attachment 874418
Didnt you get the memo in january ? Easy is officially over !!! Now taken over by Murphys law ! Nothing will ever be easy again !

Rhino 5/4

They get pretty darn warm. Mine does. The faster I go, the hotter it gets. Keep speeds 55 and below, it's warm but not hot. 60 and above, it's pretty hot!
I changed the fluid today. Ambient temp was 100+ and flat towing a deuce about 35-40 probably didn't help matters
I'll just watch it. She likes about 53mph and everything is pretty smooth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks