• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tale of two Deuces

Rhino 5/4

Greetings all. We have been hanging out in the RV section with a M725
ambulance build and thought we will come bother the neighbors for a while with our new additions to the family. We got the last one home Saturday and will try and revive them together. I pulled the injectors on the 109 and soaking them and poured marvel in the cylinders and let them soak for a few days. I kicked the case in neutral and put tranny in gear and spun the engine over with a bar and pleased to find she was still free. Ordering filters this week hoping to see if we can get her to bust off this weekend. I'll do the same to the winch truck after we get the 109 running. Kinda teeter tottering between them and working through the unknowns. Neither truck has a title so along with my misadventures with those shiny things called tools I will post the process of titles and registration. Maybe someone will find
everything helpful, others maybe comical and some may just pray for it all to end with no loss of life hehe.

Attachments

Rhino 5/4

If you go the bonded title route I can assist. Let me know and keep it up! [thumbzup]
Yes sir thank you. I think I am going to register the 109 as a civi because I am going to use it as a camper and drive it as much as I can. The winch truck FMV . But need titles before all that. I am going this week to get the 130-U signed and bills of sale for both trucks.

Rhino 5/4

Watching my grandsons this weekend so we are moving a little slow today. We did accomplish getting bills of sale and TXDOT papers signed by PO. Plunger is plunging, shutoff and thingy that supposed to be moving on inside are doing what they are supposed to do freely. Injectors back in. Note to self: doesn't matter where Injectors go but how they go..... the returns alternate orientation grrrrrr.

Attachments

Rhino 5/4

This evening was a rather cluster..... ordered the wrong tubing ferrule and inserts. Had to go to the Depot and had ferrules and no inserts so used old ones. Poured 5gal gas in tank to flush system and didn't think lift pump was picking it up so poured another 5 gal in and noticed that someone had taken off the hose between the hard line and injector pump. No problem I'll go get the one off the other truck. Hose is rotten and broke in half trying to get it off. Grrrrrrrrr. Put my toys up and went inside for the night. I'll see if I can find 2 on line later.

Rhino 5/4

1652103136250.png
M35A2 FRONT FUEL LINE REPLACEMENT KIT - KIT11609292
$59.95
He has an install video for people like me that need Barney style tutorials, real life Maggie would have been better hehehe. HMMMM A deranged thought, maybe Chucky might loan us one his pole dancers for TM how to vids ???

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 867166
M35A2 FRONT FUEL LINE REPLACEMENT KIT - KIT11609292
$59.95
He has an install video for people like me that need Barney style tutorials, real life Maggie would have been better hehehe. HMMMM A deranged thought, maybe Chucky might loan us one his pole dancers for TM how to vids ???
Great way to know what is in the kit and the part number.

I dunno if @chucky has any pole dancers on speed dial or not, but I feel sure he would be happy to set up auditions for willing participants :cool: . Maybe it needs to be a panel of judges? If so, I could offer my services and powers of observation as well!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great way to know what is in the kit and the part number.

I dunno if @chucky has any pole dancers on speed dial or not, but I feel sure he would be happy to set up auditions for willing participants :cool: . Maybe it needs to be a panel of judges? If so, I could offer my services and powers of observation as well!
Why anything you fellas need ! Whats mine is yours just be sure to feed and water them a couple times a day ! They seem to be more user friendly in the evening hours all the way into daylight but get real testy if you dont let them sleep till 2 or 3 in the afternoon then its time to rub the sweet little things down in suntan lotion and let em finish baking for an hour or 2 then its on like donkey kong !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhino 5/4

Pulled the copper fuel line off in great anticipation of new line arriving in a few days. Finished up the return lines and capped off the flame heater return at the injector pump. Called local TXDOT and they do vehicle theft inspections on Wednesdays. Hoping to drag trucks across the scales this weekend while my son is here to help. Praying to find the on duty DPS officer in a jolly mood when he walks up to inspect such fine specimens of military history and have no issues with VIN process and more than happy to deliver required documents to their new caretaker.

Attachments

Rhino 5/4

Today we relearn the lesson of never assume.
The assumption was that the existing fuel filters were in good shape and I'll flush the system and install the new ones. BAAAAAADDDDD STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!!! After trying to flush and getting minimal fuel from the lines before the injectors, I pull the filters and crap my pants. Clean my pants and canisters install new filters and she cranked right up. Will see what the future brings After driving a while. I'll get a spare injector pump from a donor truck in case. Weighed both trucks and moved M35 so I can get started on her. It won't let me upload the video of the 109 first run. 😫

Attachments

Rhino 5/4

Kinda looking around the trucks the past couple of days. I am really liking what I see on the M35. I think it's in better body shape than the 109 for sure. Can't wait to get her to bust off and be moving. She has air case front disengage hope that's a good thing. Everything seems to be there mechanically and only a few body parts missing that i already acquired. I might get her roadwothy first just have to see after getting her to run. Seats are all there just need plywood covers and foam. Found all the cab bows and parts I think, need canvas. Found a training field book from Ft. Hood in the glove box. On page says( Ground movement order) to annex 1 (service support) to OPORD 01-09. That's the only thing that looks like a date.

Attachments

Rhino 5/4

Busy weekend with kids and run n gun or walk n shoot for ol stove up folks like me Sunday. Pulled injectors to soak and poured mystery oil in cylinders. Secondary filter canisters varnished up so soaking them in lacquer thinner. I'll try and spin her over Sunday when I get back make sure nothing stuck. 20220519_205713.jpg20220519_205611.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks