• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Talk me into, or talk me out of this deuce.

rustystud

I have a 53ft trailer I pull with a 88 pete coe tractor and I dont have a cdl and I do it legally.

When I owned a m54 and m52 I had a cld but wasnt driving comercially so didnt use it unless I was driving for the company I worked for.

Operating your private property does not require a special lisence.
It is different in every state. Know your local laws.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We both finally got in contact again.

'Swung by yesterday and got the mileage. It shows 32,827 miles with 12,309 hours.'
Oh, it is still under warranty, then! :naner:

The hour meter and mileage are a hint at best. The gauges get swapped too often to be reliable indicators. In your case, the average speed from mileage and hours would have been under 3mph over the life of the truck. Impossible? No. An insane amount of idling would explain it. Even with a troop carrier, you would probably see an average speed of 10-20mph, idling included, for the numbers to make sense.
There is a 5ton with a fresh rebuild (counters reset) on eBay that shows 2700 miles and 96 hours - average of 28mph. I'd believe that.

One of your gauges might even be correct - but I doubt that both of them are.

Last edited:

greenjeepster

'Swung by yesterday and got the mileage. It shows 32,827 miles with 12,309 hours.'
On farm equipment we consider 4000 hours rebuild time, the conversion for this truck would be nearly 700k miles with that number of hours.

The gauges mean very little, like stated above it could be idle time, but it would mean that the truck idled for the equivalent of 16 months straight for 24 hrs a day.

In my experience this would be the first deuce that I have seen with inconsistent hr/mile meter.... Our military isn't big on leaving things parked and running.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get the truck and have fun but BEE carefull.

When keeping Bee's do you leave a lot of honey for them to eat? The CCD is why I ask. If I went to work all day and worked hard for my food and came home to find I had been robbed of my food everyday I too would leave or CCD.

Last edited:

greenjeepster

Get the truck and have fun but BEE carefull.
When keeping Bee's do you leave a lot of honey for them to eat? The CCD is why I ask. If I went to work all day and worked hard for my food and came home to find I had been robbed of my food everyday I too would leave or CCD.
Hives only get robbed of stores a couple of times a year.... humans have been keeping bees and robbing them of honey for over 5000 years and CCD has only been occurring for a half dozen years or so, so I think there is no correlation.

Harvard has done some studies recently with neonicotinoid pesticides which showed up on the market about the same time the bees started dying and there seems to be a strong correlation between the two. Bayer may have over estimated the toxicity to honey bees when they went for approval. The EU didn't approve the stuff and they don't have CCD.

Diesel fumes from deuce smoke stacks have not been shown to have any effect on bee health. (Still on topic)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks