• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Talk to me about getting an M1078...

snowtrac nome

the non runners that don't sell do get cannibalized. But there are a lot of non runners that just need a little work to put them back on the road those should be suitable for work. a popular auction site has a truck running ready to work with a max bid of 5500 bucks on it right now there are deals out there just got to look.

1stDeuce

Thanks for all the input fellas! I'm going to keep looking, and hope for a glut of trucks to go to auction soon. I'm plenty capable of dealing with a non-runner, and I still think an M1078 would work out better for me than a 923A2. I'll keep watching, and hopefully be able to make a trip and check out trucks before bidding!! In the meantime, I'm going to pick up a civilian Dump to get going. :)

FWIW, I did find a nice old International Loadstar 1600 4x4 locally. It's an ex-navy dump truck judging by the interior color and the military info plate on the dash. It's not for sale. :(

Another Ahab

Thanks for all the input fellas! I'm going to keep looking, and hope for a glut of trucks to go to auction soon. I'm plenty capable of dealing with a non-runner, and I still think an M1078 would work out better for me than a 923A2. I'll keep watching, and hopefully be able to make a trip and check out trucks before bidding!! In the meantime, I'm going to pick up a civilian Dump to get going.
You maybe already mentioned it, but is the rig for a business you want to "get going"?

snowtrac nome

he's wanting something for a homestead truck move some dirt maybe fire wood a trip to the lumber yard for supplies and something to plow a 2 mile long driveway.

Levelox

I have an old school deuce and a half that I will sell you for 3500.00. Everything works but the brakes. I am sure it is an air leak cause it went from working to no pedal in 1 day. For 4000.00 I will fix the brakes. Steve 936-648-1369

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an old school deuce and a half that I will sell you for 3500.00. Everything works but the brakes. I am sure it is an air leak cause it went from working to no pedal in 1 day. For 4000.00 I will fix the brakes. Steve 936-648-1369
Sounds more like an air pack failure than an air leak. Unfortunately I have some recent experience in this area...

1stDeuce

Thanks, but no. I had a Deuce, and while it was a fun truck, it was a beast to drive, so I want something nicer for the next one.

In the short term, I just bought a '81 GMC 7000 that's in great shape, and comes with a spare rebuilt 366. I'm putting a 14' 5-ton bed on it that I found local, and converting it to dump. If we use it a lot, I'll probably off it in a year or two and see if I can use the money for a 1078. With my luck, they won't be selling them anymore by then...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks