• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Talking on a Cell in a deuce

Desert Rat

Geez, and all this because I made a few phone calls so I wouldn't nod off behind the wheel! BTW, being sick saps my energy, thus the calls only on the Interstate system. The CB gets out. But with everyone doing 20+ mph faster than me my abilities to get a conversation going via C.B. radio are limited. The phone is a tool I use as a strategy to stay awake.

Wick246

Admit it DR, you like talking on the phone as much as a teenage girl. There are reports on here from all over the continent about messages and calls from you. :)

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having riddin/ driven a few miles in DR's storm i can atest to the car like cab noise level. It's low enough to hear your self think.
But wick hit the nail on the head. I'd hate to see DR's cell bill.
Sorry dude, I couldn't help it!
BTW DR, i should have some cab insulation cut for you soon.

Desert Rat

Thanks Ken! Are you busy this weekend? The Chevy is at the museum and I'm in need of some parts off your old engine for my truck. Call me today or tomorrow and let me know.

BTW, with soooooo many roll-over minutes I'm not very concerned with my cell-phone bill.

rmgill

So other than adhesives on the painted/primed metal to hold down the insulating panels, what other methods are there?

What about over the insulating panels in the cab. The floor should get a nice tough bit of rubber sheeting, but what about the cab sides/rears? Sheetmetal? Aluiminum sheet?

Jones

The military uses lead sheet for sound deadening which would be ideal if one wanted to add weight and become the neighborhood health hazard. What about some of the sound deadeners that are sprayed or rolled on? They're basically a thick-as-you-want-it-to-be rubberized coating and are formulated to stick to any cleaned surface. OR there's the military answer; ear muffs which, I gather, don't seem to be viewed by law enforcement like stereo headphones which are a no-no for the driver... at least out here in California.

Dieselsmoke

wallew said:
I've seen people using TEXT MESSAGING while driving. Now that's scary.
Unfortunately too scarey. We lost an officer about 2 months ago in Rocklin, CA for that very reason. He was at an accident scene setting up cones when some jackass who was playing with his text messaging and speeding ran him over.
These cell phones are getting too carried away, now they have them with TV service :roll:

mangus580

yeah, and go figure, here in NY you cant talk on one unless you are using hands free....... the damn lawmakers forgot the dangerous part is the dialing!!

oh well.... many of us disregard the law anyway

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks