• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

taller stack I can hear now !

ODdave

Ok, im shure this has been done before but i figured i would post a pic of the stack i put on for the hayride this last fall. It worked well so i just left it on. The thought was to get the smoke away from the pasengers but it shure made it a lot quieter in the cab as well. I can talk to someone other than myself at 55mph now. Not great in the woods but i shure thought it looks cool. (looks taller in the pics than in person)

Attachments

'48Chevy6

That's a big stack.

On a good looking truck.

We're running 63% WMO and it's kinda smokey some times (especially when it is 20 degrees out). I wondered if a stack extension would help spread the spoke some. Then fifth gear took leave, so that needs fixed first.

Crawdaddy

On my deuce, it has what seems to be an official stack extension on it. It has the flared flanges and everything. I don't know if it's the taller stack or the hard top cab, but I can talk to someone else in the cab with a low yell. Stack does seem kinda out of place though being so tall. I'd show you a picture of it, but I don't have the original file with me and SS doesn't like image posting services.

rattlecan6104

Has anyone put a 90' curve on their Exhaust? It seems like if you point the exhaust awat from the truck, it should be less noisey?
I did here recently, made the stack a foot and a half taller, and a 90* turnout. It quieted down the noise in the cab a bit but not too terribly noticeable.

emr

I would think the official looking taller top is just a cut near the end of the stack on truck and another top from the parts room put on top, Yes like said its been done in service on a few trucks i have seen over the years , but not alot , I would think the average 88mike would not have access to the parts but a shop sgt that used the truck alot would be my guess to have done it mostly, That is actually the case here years ago at the Dover Armory,

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be a dude! :wink:

Vintage iron

My M813 came with a 90 degree bend at the top. I am building a Gun truck so I will need to extend my stack to get the exhaust up and away from the bed area.