• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tampa, FL 2010 Veterans Day Parade

Green_gator

I know that we are a long way out but wanted to get this rolling. The annual Town & Country Veterans Day Parade is on November 6 this year. Once again I am bringing my Cub Scouts to the parade and am looking to see if anyone is interested in bringing out their deuce or five ton to help haul some of the scouts. I will have some in my vehicle and have another steel soldier bringing his deuce and 105 trailer. We should have about 80 scouts, siblings, and parents for the parade and it is only a couple of miles at very low speed. All scouts will have a signed waiver to ride on one of the vehicles and a parent with them. The signed form is required by our Council to do the parade. This is a long running parade here in Tampa and I am trying to get more folks every year.

Tampa Bay Veterans Day Parade

phil2968

Do you have a lead for the required insurance to participate in the parade? I would be interested and may talk my brother in to bringing his deuce.
How about a cookout afterward?

Green_gator

Thanks for the replies. Our unit caries liability insurance for any official events that we attend. You need to have your standard vehicle insurance. The riders will climb up before we roll and down when we stop, there is no getting on or off during the parade.

gel69

hi,

mine should be out of the shop at that time, not in military colour but ex fire truck if interested i could make it from BartowFL.

cessnatwin

Dang Pete that truck looks great! What color is that! Hey, you need to see the roll bar set up that I am having built for the deuce! 4 24v landing lights that are low draw major bright!

Green_gator

As long as it has a bed with side tall enough to help keep school kids contained I say bring it on. I have seen TJ at the last two of these with his vehicle so maybe we can make the end of the parade really loud. Pete that is a great looking five ton! Bring that or Godzilla along and we will run you right at the front of the parade. In addition if any of you want to tow an M105 with a couple of folks in it that is good too. I am probably going to do a short cook out for the scouts at the end of the parade. If not we can roll the trucks over to Kerr's Winghouse and the first platter of wings is on me.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure! I have troop seats for Frankenstein, but they are a pain to put in, and then you have the problem of "boarding".

cessnatwin

Pete lets do it! I need some info on this as I have a couple trucks booked up for an Applebees display! Give us some details and I will go do this! Lets bring jack his dumb a** is good for a laugh at!

Green_gator

okay folks some info on the parade.
Start point is the Morgan Woods Elementary School in Town & Country (Tampa) and the parade begins at 10 A.M. The roads close at 9:30 A.M. so we have to be in the staging area before then and can start arriving as early as 7 A.M. I will get there around 8 A.M. or earlier if possible so look for the 109 pulling a 105 Trailer. The parade is only a couple of miles long and finishes near the library on Paula Drive. I plan to head up to the Richloam gathering following the parade so any headed that way can go along for a mini convoy. We will have my Cub Scouts with parents riding along in the vehicles, a parent/guardian is required for each scout. There is no drinking allowed which I do not see as an issue since we are driving. I have posted a copy of the parade map and staging area break out. I will let you know as soon as I find out which area we are in but they can tell you as you enter the staging area if you let them know that you are there with Cub Scout Pack 38. Post up a quick reply if you are planning to attend so I get an idea of the number of vehicles and trailers. Please have the troop seats mounted and side rails for trailers for safety. I will brew up some sweet tea for drinking. Feel free to mount U.S., military and patriotic flags to your vehicles. I expect that we will finish around noon and we have a parking area to off load folks. I will bring along one or two of my new MKT ladders with the hand rails to assist in loading and unloading. The Scouts will have beads to toss during the parade. We will load at the start and unload at the end with no scouts getting on or off during the parade. More to come later today but wanted to get this out as we are less then two weeks away from the start.

Link to the official parade web site.
http://veteransparade.blogspot.com/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks