• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tampa Rally Official Multimedia Thread

vinny-socom1

Hello, I stopped by the camp site this past weekend and spoke to Phil for awhile while everyone was off trail riding and having fun... I hope to join everyone on the next outing, but I just purchased my MV this past week and had not even had a chance to go through even the basic yet. I just bought a Serbian Troop Carrier (Search TAM 110 in SS under Russian vehicles to check it out).

Phil said that one of you might know a place in Jacksonville that is capable of machining custom centers (8 lug x 27cm) that would allow me to use HEMTT Wheels on my truck. The TAM has 2.5 ton running gear and has 18" CTIS wheels. I was hoping to change over to 20" wheels and running the 395/80R20 (LMTV type). I would prefer someone semi local so that I can ensure that the centers are machined as needed and not have to deal with through the mail orders. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

GREAT PICS and looks like you all had a great time...

bdelaporte in Orlando, FL

Bruce Delaporte
MAJ, IN
US Army

I think the name of the place is Longview wheel in Jacksonville, FL you can find them on the web. sorry we missed you.

Vinny

SixSpeed

Banned
Hello,
Bruce Delaporte
Hey, sorry we missed you! I checked out the thread about the TAM, super cool! Would love to see it sometime!

well, reended the starter ground cable and still no go, but the bad ground may have caused the starter to go bad, looks like ill be pulling the starter off my parts deuce!
I would imagine the starter certainly didn't benefit from a loose cable! Could be worth though, your pressure plate could have given up, lol.

bdelaporte

Vinny, I did a search for Longview wheels in Jax without any luck. Do you know anyone that has used them on SS. I can try to find them that way. Thanks:deadhorse:

bdelaporte

Jack, Thanks, the TAM should be a nice build, pretty different that most things out there... BTW, I really like what you have done to the MOG, pretty cool stuff...

RAYZER

cessnatwin, i had fun too! i enjoyed you riding along and listening to your funny stories! look foward to hanging out again! will do on the 105, talk to you soon!

T

televisionman007

I jus wanna say i had a great time even tho i only got to stay a day. I will be back for the next one and so on and met some pretty cool people. Also Im looking at a m109a3 to convert to a camper as im not sleeping on the ground the next time. My dog had a blast too and loved all the attention the children gave him. Cant wait to trail ride my own truck this time. Anyways later Chris:driver:

davidkroberts

Thanks, hopefully next time... looked like my type of fun..
if your running 18" wheels i have access to gama goat tires that are still in pretty good shape. they are 18x11 and 32" i think. they go for 20 a piece on the rim and they have about 5000 of them. Ill pick you up a set if you need them. shame to let the stock rims go to waste, would be good to have a backup set anyway...... PS im not in the tire business just that that size is hard to find so thought i would pipe up:roll:

sak00

Looks like a great time was had by all. I was out of town and couldn't attend :x But I have been in Richloam a few times. I took the Deuce once and after all the tree triming, I won't again. Looks like the water is still pretty deep. Sorry I missed it, but I'll get there next time.

ChevyC60

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to all, Roy and Donna (the couple from Dixie County in the M35) had a great time. We stayed Sunday night and did the canoe ride on the Withlacoochee River. It was fun but very tame after doing the trail rides. Due to my hand Donna got to drive the M35 back to Dixie County. She had a blast. The hand is much better now.
Roy

Attachments

RAYZER

Roy,im glad your hand feels better too! Donna's a very good deuce driver,she manuvered through those mud/water holes and (i dont know how we got through some of those) trails like a pro! i bet she wants her own deuce now! - Ray

RAYZER

well guys and gals, my starter was bad and i had to replace it, it was my first one and it was'nt too bad, took the air cleaner mount off the firewall, took the flex hose and elbo off from the turbo put a tow strap around the starter to pull it up and out and back in,
it was pretty easy considdering the starter weights about 50 lbs. good thing i have a $20.00 parts deuce!
:beer:

bdelaporte

Long's Wheel

I drove up to Jacksonville to check out Long's Wheel today. Unfortuntately, they have never dealt with HEMTT WHeels before. The sales/tech guy named CJ said that he has read about them "online" but has never dealt with them. Nice folks, for sure... They do take AG wheel blanks from Titan and will make any center that you need but they seem pretty light weight compared to the MIL SPEC stuff.

Has anyone else on SS ever had HEMTT centers machined here locally in Florida?

Thanks in advance..

stalker

Hey Roy,
I'm glad to here the hand is doing o.k. and that you guys were able to make the canoe trip.... although I think you could have just as easy used a canoe instead of a duece to travel most of the trails we forged or would it be forded??:D Tim