• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tamper SCREW or "Fancy Rivet" (silly question of the day?}

ericp351

Hi all, "new Guy" type question. Have an A2 with the small turbo Cummings. Like to be able to adjust max fuel, and maybe install exhaust pyros some day. Question- are those little "tamper resistant" (bosh) screws, or fancy pop rivets? I ask as one resisted my cut slot and screwdriver and is now mangled. Screw or rivet may factor into my tap size selecting and all as I don't want to disable rig as I hunt for metric stuff. Thanks. Post script- The "regular cover screw" was never removed and was very tight. May have had Locktight. Does that sound right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks