• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tanks in Town 2014. Mons. BE

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
-SPEARHEAD!-

Absolutely impressive and I wish we had as many people remembering on this side of the pond as Belgium has remembering our fathers and grandfathers.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

GreatVideo I wonder if it’s easier to acquire Military jeeps and trucks in Europe

There were a lot of them left over after the war and many of them escaped the smelter thanks to people who were determined to save them for posterity.

I think it is against some gooberment rule to bring them back over here.

Many of the ones that were left over on this side of the pond ended up as targets on firing ranges, gate guardians or in museums. Very few were sold to private owners prior to a certain date (much like Title III firearms).
Armor is expensive to acquire, restore and operate. But that never stopped me before.:cookoo::roll:

Another Ahab

-SPEARHEAD!-

Absolutely impressive and I wish we had as many people remembering on this side of the pond as Belgium has remembering our fathers and grandfathers.
They do remember, and they are grateful:

- My Mom was a war bride whom my Father first met in Paris while passing through with his unit (a battery of 8" artillery).

My mother mentioned that not many people know that the bombardment of Normandy (aerial and naval) just prior to the landings was responsible for something like 30,000 French civilian casualties. The French on the ground couldn't be warned about it, because the chance of the Landing leaking to the German Command could not be risked.

Mom said it was rough (she had cousins there in Normandy), but she said none of the French complained. They understood the circumstances, as unfortunate for them as it was. No war is pretty.

And thanks for the video, that's a whole lot of fine hardware. I might try to make the 75th Anniversary!

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Tanks in Town in Belgium is an amazing event and the Belgian Military Vehicle Trust has spent years building it into the event it has become.

If I had the money, I'd go as a spectator and call that a vacation to remember.

http://www.tanksintown.be/

Whiterabbit

WOW! That's quite the collection of vehicles! I watched it 4 times.
Yea, that's tough to beat. I guess the Ga rally convoy needs to step up its game to top that!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks