• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tanks vs phonebooks

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the guy that owned ALL THAT died not to long ago. at the 99 mvpa convention thay had 4 hour tours, 4 hours bearly gets you though the shop, let along to see the restored stuff, THEN there is the UNRESTORED stuff, i would say from what i saw on the tour, it would take a good WEEK to see everything. i guess you couold do it in 2 days just walking and looking, laying hands on and talking , climbing in and on, under,, would be a week. you have no idea of the rush you feel when you first lay eyes on , all you can do is saw WOWWWWWWWWWWWW

Last edited:

B3.3T

Jacques Littlefield passed away just last January, not in 99. He was an awesome gentleman and a true credit to our hobby. Its a good example of what a Billionaire can do.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"the guy that owned ALL THAT died not to long ago" i know, it could be confusing as i ran TWO thoughts into one , sorry about that
i was talking about the 99 mvpa convention and the littlefields tour in 99

PorscheTech911

That collection has been on TV before. I think the History Channel did a good walk through of the place. The reason I became a heavy diesel mechanic was to work on that kinda stuff. It's a shame Littlefield past away, he was a inspiration and goes to show not all rich folks are hard to relate to. I would love to see his collection in person. Thanks for posting this video, I must have missed this episode.

tractor

I have been to the collection twice. They just lost the restoration building to the family and are still in the 4 other buildings plus have the barn full that has less then 2 inches between each vehicle. The family is half way supporting the museum but are half way kicking the museum away.

Garandfan

That guy Jacques was on Tank Overhaul a couple of times...Had over 200 tanks....Priceless collection. (sigh) There's another sad story like Jaques.. A museum owner in Hubbard, Ohio passed away and a guy from Florida bought the collection for 5 million...Was worth way more than that. Friends from Ohio Ordinance put their Garand collection together-one rifle for evey month of WWII... They did alot of work with Camp Perry to get matching lot numbers and correct parts, or they fabricated the correct parts...(SIGH)