• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tapatalk requires an account - Picts now link elsewhere

therooster2001

I got away with not having a Tapatalk account for a bit, but their new app required it to post pictures, which show up in the web via a link. I thought links were not a good way to post things. Tapatalk handles it seamless in the background when viewing, but the web definitely makes people click. I don't want to be that guy..

I do like the convenience, but see the problem, just in case Tapatalk decides it's out of the pict storage business and we have nothing but dead links. Any thought either way on if we should be using it to post picts?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This has been this way for a while. However the tapatalk client can be configured to upload files to the site.

uploadfromtaptalk1469883401058.jpg

therooster2001

This was not the behavior several months ago. They obviously changed the way things work with those buttons. I don't see any way to change it in the app, guess I use the attachment button and not the picture button. I also think the attachment button (using our site) limits the size of the actual pict.

SO I think I get it now.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just to explain things, Tapatalk is a 3rd party to all this. They make their client for mobile devices. We load a small bit of their software on our server to allow a "doorway" into it. Tapatalk ultimately owns how their app works/behaves. There's very few things I can do to change it's interaction with the forum. Unfortunately it clashed with a few things here and I had to remove them. (Because more and more people use mobile devices to access the web) But using the attach feature is the best way to handle attachments here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks