• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tapping into the fuel line....

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M46A2C came with a multifuel heater in the box which was never actually hooked up. I decided to remove that 100lb monster and have just go a UH48 heater for the box.

The wiring for the 24v and the thermostat are already in place which is great, as is the exhaust on the front of the box.

All that said.... there is no fuel line and i need to get a feed from the tank up to it. Is there any suggested, or actually intended, junction point i should be linking into? I was going to use modern fuel line, any thoughts on how best to hook into the trucks copper lines?

Thanks

snowtrac nome

Those heaters had an extra stand pipe we had to add to the tanks, with a small facit fuel pump mounted in close proximity to the fuel tank. the reasoning being that the stand pipe wouldn't dip deeper than the fuel pump and draw the tank empty causing the engine to die also the turban lift pump in the tank was most likely a higher pressure than the little 10530 heater needed.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This newer model has the pump built in, not like the old monster its replacing. It has zero information on hookup because now they use them in all manner of things.

The stand pipe makes sense, not sure if i could do something similar, my tank is tough to access.

snowtrac nome

You could use a 90 degree drill to bore a hole in the tank and use a bulkhead fitting to seal the hole, with a stand pipe on one end and a pipe thread on the other. The filler necks on those are large enough to stick an arm into, or you could use a fabbed up stand pipe, gasket, and some self tapping screws good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks