• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tarp ID

flyxpl

I found this in the back of my newley purchased M548 . I thought it was a cargo cover , but after a closer look It has no front or rear . I have tried to search the number on it an come up with nothing . # is 6537589 . It is about 11'8" square .
Any ideas what it is for ?

Attachments

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Often a tarp like that is part of vehicle BII to be used for covering the cab/hatches/gun mounts, etc. I don't know about your tarp specifically, but check the -10HR for your 548. It will likely ID your tarp. I know Strykers have all kinds of tarps and covers as part of their BII, one of them looks like yours and we used it as a ground cover when laying out the rest of the BII.

flyxpl

Ok , I looked in the -10 under basic issue items . It was not listed , but I figure you may be right . Probally just a basic tarp to cover the 548 or the Howitzers it serviced . It was loaded with breach covers and muzzle brake covers for the Howitzer . Even had some cleaning rods and aiming poles for the Howitzer in a large wood box with the vehicle ID on it .

Chief_919

Tarpaulin, 12' x12' NSN 2540-00-653-7589

BII on the M113A2, M113A3, M969A2 500 gallon fuel trailer, and M548.

Looks like the Hand Reciept for the 548 still lists it as being a cotton duck tarp. It is stowed in the basket in front of the engine deack.

flyxpl

pics added for 319 . I have another thread is conversations titled New toy with tracks it has pics , but here are some more I have taken after I got it home . I am in the process of getting a new top made and new seat cushions for the front. All the seat cushions in the rear are in great shape , just a little dusty .

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks