• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tcase vampire or just old?

Nwappleby

I wanted to get the experts opinions, is it the vampire or just junk

NP218 -AM

1986 m998

issues seen: leaking fluid

things checked:

tranny shop, pulled and pressure tested, resealed, good to go. Leak started again
check the levels, I was a quart down, filled, cleaned exterior case
ran it, leak started again (sitting it was fine)

so could it be?

-old junk
-vampire
-gaskets
-vents?
-lines?
-trump did it?

Also any other advice, would be welcome, rebuild, predator 2wd conversion replacement/fix, ETC ETC

Thanks for all the help in advance

donquijote

when i t was pressure tested, they could not find any damage or leaks...........they pulled it out
So when it leaks, where are the puddles under the truck? I'd clean the case, drive it and get it warmed up, then park it and let it idle to see if there is actual red fluid dripping on the ground from any location

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Skrilex

Banned
Is there a check valve in these that prevents the radiator from draining back and over filling the case?

plugged vent line preventing hot air escape?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tcase doesn’t get low on atf, it gets over full from the transmission depositing it’s atf into the Tcase.
on the old 218 there is a plastic/rubber plug on the passenger side of the case that no one knows what’s it’s there for and those leak....it’s up about 3/4 of the way, not easy to see and reach.
unless you see where it’s coming from, your out of luck.
There are only a couple places....output seals, not properly seated cases, detent bolt, vent and what I explained above.

Nwappleby

If your laying under it. The passenger side has the leak. I will attempt to attach photos soon

The driver side and cooler lines on top look clean
Thanks to the above post, I will check the black plastic peice on passenger side. Thanks all

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your laying under it. The passenger side has the leak. I will attempt to attach photos soon

The driver side and cooler lines on top look clean
Thanks to the above post, I will check the black plastic peice on passenger side. Thanks all

Sounds like that black rubber plug...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks