• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tearing apart my goat!

cessnatwin

I have had the goat one week now, and we have torn it apart had all the small parts sent out and sand blasted. Fenders and winch parts are being done this weekend! All fluids have been changed, I added a spin in oil filter adapter, changed all filters, all new hoses, coolant and a new radiator. I have a new tail gate, steering column, front gear box. New belts, mirrors, seat covers, top, fuel lines, horn, hood latch's, pioneer kit, reflectors, drums resurfaces, brakes flushed, cleaned and adjusted and resealed. Just way to much to remember to list right now, my brain is burning! We will start on the body next week if we have time with the holiday fast approaching.

So we are going to show you a few picks of week ones progress!

I appreciate the help from this site, PCTRANS for bringing her to me (THE BEST TOW GUY OUT THERE) Doghead and Joe for there support, and my main man ANDRE aka (redneck) here on SS! Thanks for the help and I will post as we get this thing together for one of the Florida Rally's if not both!

Attachments

wsucougarx

Gees, is that all you've done to your goat in one week? Come one, let's get motivated and dedicated!!! LOL, wow I'll be watching this thread closely. That is one good looking Goat. Can't wait to see the final product[thumbzup]

dalbin7

ok,...just sent you a pm referencing a goat and then see your post...sorry for the double take on this subject....but is that a lake city goat???? glad to see it in your possession if it is.....see you and hopefully it at the rally....

cessnatwin

My auto shop has been so busy we have had to skip a couple of weeks of tearing into the goat. Here is the latest, we removed the entire front, dash, covers ect. what a pain in the ass! Here are a few pics as we get her ready. Been painting today and prepping for reinstallation of a lot of parts!

Attachments

Rattlewagon

Wow! Talk about motivation! That's awesome work! It probably helps that you have nice weather too. It's 13deg. here right now...

I've always liked those things (I love detroits like Gimpy likes pink!!!) but I'm with Dave, what was their intended purpose? They swim too don't they?

Love the pics! Yes, more pics!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job! i hate to ask but i have to know, what was the original intended purpose of the goat? (why did uncle sam have them)
Read about it here:
Steel Soldiers :: Military Vehicles Supersite

Pardon the spam, Mike has blocked my access to the section, so I can not maintain it any longer (he is supposed to make some big changes, but the years move right along).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks