• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Teledyne and TTC FMTV/MTV Pics, Info, manuals needed!

Kalashnikov

Does anyone have any info about the TTC and Teledyne FMTV and MTV prototypes produced in 89/90? I'd like pics of the 6x6 cargos and tractors and the 4x4 cargos. Specifically looking to see how the tractors are set up behind the cab and before the 5th wheel.

Does anyone know what the Rockwell gear splitter used on the front rear axle of the TTC trucks is used on, if anything else?

As far as I know the Teledynes used a Cat 3116 and a ZF 7 speed auto? Does anyone have anymore info about this transmission and what transfercase is used on these? Teledyne Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles (FMTV) (United States) - Jane's Military Vehicles and Logistics

Are there any tech manuals for these anywhere? What were the common issues with these vehicles, specifically things know to or prone to failure? What was the government's reasoning as to why TTC and Teledyne were not the best choice for them?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have a "truck, 2-1/2ton" electronic manual that has info on LMTVs. Not sure if it would apply to the models your asking about.

M813A1

If you look at the web site Olive-Drab there are photos in the Medium Truck directory of the FMTV vehicles that the military uses ..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks