• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tell me what oil you personally use in your LMTV

sjohn116

I've read the TM's, so please dont harp on me for circumventing those and asking about motor oil on the forum. I would like to know what motor oil brand/specs you use in your LMTV, and if you'vd had any adverse effects. The reason I ask is because I've read that the CAT 3116 and 3126 are very picky about additives in certain oils, and can result in a clogged intercooler.

Does anyone use Rotella T5 or similar 15w-40 synthetics, the "benchmark oil" for use in diesel engines?

Let me know what oil you use, how long you've been using it, and your general impressions.

sargentwolf

Rural king heavy duty diesel oil. Honestly, it's dang cheap, meets the industry standards, every farmer I know runs the stuff in their field tractors. I also use their harvest king ATF fluid in the gearbox.

Now I only run my truck a few hours a week. If I was running daily cross country, I would be running shell or Schafer (gotta support local after all)

Last edited: