• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tell me your issues

rlwm211

I have had a repeating problem with page size as it draws on my desktop. Some threads come up to fit my desktop settings and some come up in a differnt scale. The problem is that when I am typing a post sometimes the window where I type is off the side of my screen and I cannot see what I am typing until I type past the end of the line and then the text moves down to the next line. This is not a huge problem, and is not occurring all the time.
I use IE 8 and I do keep my computer updated with all the stuff that MS sends along.

I do have the other major browsers installed and will try using one of them when this occurs the next time. I am not sure what platform you are operating the site on and I also know that having a different browser than the platform being used to program the site can cause some anomalies.
Thanks for the hard work and diligence put forth into this great community.

RL

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I keep having to sign back in repeatedly. I can try to post something and if it takes more than a few minutes, I have to sign back in to make the post. Very irritating.

littlebob

Thought of a couple more. Sometimes the window is the size of the screen, other times it is very wide and you need to scroll right.
Same with posting. Sometimes the posting field is only as wide as the screen, other times it is wider than the screen and there is no way to scroll over to proof your post. The sentences are off the screen.
The screen thing is the only thing I've noticed.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have also stopped getting e-mail notification of PM's

Keep this bumpped to the top so we can get things addressed.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The site has slowed way back down for me and sometimes pages won't load.

I will say that my computer has been acting a little crazy lately so it could be on my end but it's doing the same thing that it was when these website problems started.

rwbrown72

I am no longer getting emails of subscribed threads. Maybe one every few days. I have missed a lot of them. Not a big deal. Just FYI. Also not getting the PM emails.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slow is the only problem I have. A note to all: if you are using internat explorer, a new version is out. I have found it to be true, proven by repeated experience, that when IE changes, the older versions tend to get "senile". How that interacts with this site is above my paygrade....

Oh, if you hate signing in again and again, two ways to fix. One is click the little box at the sign in place. the second is in your settings for IE. You have to set your computer to accept "cookies". I like the choclate chip ones myself:grin:

rwbrown72

Mike,

I have not been getting the notices. I know of one PM for sure and a couple of threads. Like I said before, not a big deal. Just FYI... Am I the only one who has said this?

Russell

markmontana

When I use the 'Mark Threads Read', it gives me this error message and DOES NOT mark them 'read':
>>>>>

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
<<<<<<

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The new image viewer only displays the images in each post. If say 2 posts on one page of a thread have images, you have to open the viewing window, view them, then close it and click on one of the images in the other post and do it again.

Frustrating

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks