• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temp sender question

Wild Horse Hans

O.K. I found lots of info on this searching, but the one thing I can't find in the manuals or searching is how does one remove the cable from the sender and back of the gauge? Everything says remove or disconnect, but does not say if it pulls out or screws out or another method. I did not want to go yanking wires out with out being sure.
So do I just give the end of the cable a pull?
Thanks,
Hans

clutch

the cable doesnt come out of the back of the gauge. u must take it loose from the engine and feed it through the fire wall. you will loose coolant when you remove it from the engine also so the system has to be drained down.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are standard "Packard" waterproof connectors, one male and one female rubber part protecting the actual electrical connector within.
Wiggle and pull. When you re-install lubricate parts with some dielectric compound.....

Steel Soldiers :: Military Vehicles Supersite

Edit: Added image. (PS magazine, old site)

Attachments

Last edited: