• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temp senders / switches locations

I am wondering where the locations of all the various temp switches are and what ones are normally open, normally closed, and at what temps?
There are ones for the cold advance, the glow plugs, temp light, fuel heater, and one in my thermostat cross-over. These are the ones I am curious about.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thermostat cross over sensor is not stock to the CUCV. It is stock on the HMMWV.

The TM 9-2320-289-20P and TM 9-2320-289-34P have all of the sending units listed (you do have to page thru them).

I do not know any complied list. You can always look up the part numbers and see what the specs are.

Seems like Antennaclimber has posted the GP sensor specs before.

Last edited:
Found it, Thanks!
The engine is from a HMM-V
Cross-over switch, Glow plug switch by the #8 cyl, and cold advance in the right rear block-off plate on the head, all are normally closed, and open the circuits (cut off power through them) at around 120 degrees F.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks