• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temp sending unit

MitchG

Is there only one temp sending unit for the Deuce? I have seen several different temp guages and was wondering if the sending unit was like the oil pressure unit, one for a 0-60psi guage and one for a 0-120 psi guage? Mine has a 325 degree max guage and I have seen some with 250 or so max if I remember correctly. I think my sending unit may be bad and was just wondering.

Barrman

There are different ones out there. Matching the sender to the gauge is your best bet.

However, my A2 had a non working 300 or maybe 325 gauge in it when I picked it up. Just so I would have a reference, I put in a working 250 gauge. Thinking that it would steady down at an operating temperature no matter the number value on the gauge and any deviation from that could be seen. It reads perfectly according to my infrared thermometer then I check the radiator, hoses, thermostat housing and head around the sender. So perfectly that I haven't bothered to change it out for the proper sweep gauge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks