• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temp Sensor part #10045847

JC

Is 10045847 the right part # for the temp sensor? That is what the manual says but I was wondering if it was right. I bought one and put it in my M1009 (the connector is differenct so I had to cut the wires and splice in the new connector). I had trouble starting my CUCV when the temp was in the 40's. Now the temp is in the 30's and my truck starts right up. I was wondering if the temp sensor could be causing this or if I just have a loose wire somewhere in the glow plug system and the temperature thing is a coincidence. Any thoughts.

CUCV85

Is 10045847 the right part # for the temp sensor? That is what the manual says but I was wondering if it was right. I bought one and put it in my M1009 (the connector is differenct so I had to cut the wires and splice in the new connector). I had trouble starting my CUCV when the temp was in the 40's. Now the temp is in the 30's and my truck starts right up. I was wondering if the temp sensor could be causing this or if I just have a loose wire somewhere in the glow plug system and the temperature thing is a coincidence. Any thoughts.
You shouldn't have to modify anything, their are 2 different sensors. You should have aken the old part with you. Other than that I don't know your electrical issue. Check those glow plugs. Use wellman 070 from INDUSA.

JC

The temp sensor came as a kit that included the material to splice into the wire. I have fresh Wellman 70's in there. I also have a new glow plug relay. I don't know what is going on with my M1009. Sometimes it gives me problems starting and other times it will start right up and the temp is in the high 20's. Now I'm having a seperate issue with my GEN 1 light coming on and the volt meter overcharging. That just started yesterday and it happens every once in awhile while I'm driving. It always something.

CUCV85

The temp sensor came as a kit that included the material to splice into the wire. I have fresh Wellman 70's in there. I also have a new glow plug relay. I don't know what is going on with my M1009. Sometimes it gives me problems starting and other times it will start right up and the temp is in the high 20's. Now I'm having a seperate issue with my GEN 1 light coming on and the volt meter overcharging. That just started yesterday and it happens every once in awhile while I'm driving. It always something.
Sorry I have been out of the loop awhile - Deployed
Contact Mike @ Mangus580 he'll know what you need to do.

CUCV85

fuel gage pegged past full then shows correct amount 4 days later

Fuel gage shows past full then shows correct amount after sitting 4 days or more. As soon as I turn the key on it then goes way past full. I checked the ground wire that is from sending unit to driver side frame, emory clothed frame eyelett connection and bolt and reinstalled no change though. Did tm trouble shoots fuses all replaced. I hope it's not the sending unit, who wants to drop the tank...

kapnklug

If it is the sending unit, don't bother dropping the tank and skidplate and all that rusty hardware. Just drill a hole in the bed, then cut out a 6" dia. hole with an air nibbler (no sparks) so you can pull out the sending unit. After you've replaced it you can make a square plate and screw it over the hole with self-tappers. And next time you have a problem, you've got an access plate!

CUCV85

Thanks - I am going to do what you suggested and check out this sending unit. :idea:

:arrow:I ended up pulling the instument panel, cleaned all the 194 bulb inserts with a knife and bent the prongs slightly to get a tighter fit when reinserted, used a pencil eraser to clean flex board, tightened the 3 fuel gage pressure connectors and BINGO every light works and the fuel gage once again lives. :idea:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks