• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

temperature gauge on 68 deuce not working any ideas where to start????

temperature gauge on 68 duce not working any ideas where to start looking at to fix it? any help would be a HUGE help. and i also have one more question about a duce and that it HOWaua bo i turn on the wipers?

KsM715

Pull the guage panel and clean and check the grounds. All the guages are grounded by the sharp points on the brackets that holds them to the panel.

As for the wipers, Steelandcanvas is right you need to read the manual for that.

Tlauden

:shock::doh: Prepare for the "Search Search Search" Comments

Check all your wires for breaks, corrosion, etc etc etc

Your wiper control is under your lighting control, its a round nob that screws in/out of the dash, i forget if its in=on or in=off

Oh and its dEuce:roll::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edit: KsM715 you beat me too it!!! guess i need to type faster

Tlauden

I would check or replace the sending unit on the temperature gauge.

Sending unit next to blue hose on left.

Wipers run off air the valve is under the three way switch. Little knob turn and you should hear air going through.

Thanks for the pics, i woulda taken some but my deuce is 800 miles away :( its true though a picture is worth a thousand words
[thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

x-ray

I would do the following:

1. check connections
  2. check power & grounds - as stated before the temp gauge is grounded actually at a connection on the panel hole iteself where the gauge is inserted. (I had repainted and reconnected and lost ground - its easy to miss)
  3. test gauge - unplug the sending unit at the gauge and connect it to ground. Then turn master switch on, the gauge needle should jump, if not, its your gauge.
  4. If the gauge is OK replace sending unit, but be careful, use some kroil or good penetrating oil to wick into the threads in the engine before you really torque on it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suggest you download(free) a set of Tech Manuals and learn how to use them. Here is a picture from a page in the -20 TM. It has a step by step troubleshooting procedure for your exact issue.

Here's a link to a post I made, it gives a brief description of the TMs. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/889733-post4.html

Attachments

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not mentioned in the TMs is the fact that the instrument panel, which is mounted with 4ea 1/4-turn fasteners is grounded via just those fasteners. My suggestion is to add a dedicated ground wire from the instrument panel to the dash.
The TMs are not good when it comes to answering questions of this nature.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks