• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

temperature of tranny and transfercase

I checked the transmission and transfer case on my truck with an IR thermometer on the way to the GA rally last year and the transmission was around 150 and the transfer was about 180. I also checked the deuce next to mine and the temperatures were very close to mine. On both trucks the transfer case ran hotter than the transmission.
About 3 weeks ago I went to Pineville to pick up a M101 trailer. It was a hot day, probably mid to high 90's. Cab was very hot, even with the front windows open.

On the way back home, I touched the transfer case lever and I could only hold my hand on it for about 5 or 6 seconds. It was very hot.

From what I am reading here, that sounds normal, since I was driving 48-50 on the highway the whole way there and back. But just to make sure, I did check transfer case and transmission fluids after it cooled down. All were at normal levels.

Will probably be taking the Deuce to my GF's tomorrow to pull down a rotten tree at her Dad's house. Will check and see how it compares to 3 weeks ago.

LC

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 3 weeks ago I went to Pineville to pick up a M101 trailer. It was a hot day, probably mid to high 90's. Cab was very hot, even with the front windows open.

On the way back home, I touched the transfer case lever and I could only hold my hand on it for about 5 or 6 seconds. It was very hot.

From what I am reading here, that sounds normal, since I was driving 48-50 on the highway the whole way there and back. But just to make sure, I did check transfer case and transmission fluids after it cooled down. All were at normal levels.

Will probably be taking the Deuce to my GF's tomorrow to pull down a rotten tree at her Dad's house. Will check and see how it compares to 3 weeks ago.

LC
If you can hold your hand on it for 5-6 seconds comfortably, your doing good.

Please be safe working outside, we had 3 ppl pass out and 2 in hospital a couple of weeks ago due to the heat. One had to be given IV to bring him back around!

Take care and be safe!

If you can hold your hand on it for 5-6 seconds comfortably, your doing good.

Please be safe working outside, we had 3 ppl pass out and 2 in hospital a couple of weeks ago due to the heat. One had to be given IV to bring him back around!

Take care and be safe!
Well, it wasn't very comfortable, for sure, especially the last second or two....:)

Will definitely be careful. Luckily there's lots of shade trees around in his yard. I just have to make sure I get it all out of the way. Gonna have lots of water and Gatorade/Powerade on hand.

Can't wait for fall to get here!

LC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks