• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temperature Sending Unit

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
Not sure if there is a thread for this yet but I can't find one. My GP temp sending unit S**t the bed yesterday so I went on the search for a new one. Nobody seems to have the style that is on our trucks. SO, I bought the newer version of the sensor at OReillys (pn# WT3000 for $19.39) and a new pig tail (wiring harness PN# pt191 for $14.55). Snipped the 2 old wires and spliced the new harness in. Simple fix, less than 10 minutes. Hope this helps someone out.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting your solution, but yes it has been discussed before.

The manuafactures have stopped making the older style so unless you can find one on a shelf somewhere you will have to upgrade.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that the one for the sensor on the back of the passenger side head? It looks like the 1 I picked up at napa today for the idiot light sender. It would make more sense for what you said than napa since it has 2 wires..

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
Yes, its for the temp sending unit for the glow plugs on the top back of the engine. Not sure but Im gonna check today to see if its the same as the cold advance sensor on the front left of the engine (next to the 1st injector).

rod

ssgt,

You bought the wrong one from O'Reilly's, the one you chould have bought is PArt # WT5133. Here is the link

BWD WT5133 - Coolant Temperature Sensor | O'Reilly Auto Parts

It is exactly the same as the original.

I bought one about 3 weeks ago from my local O'Reillys store. They didn't stock at my store so I had to prepay so they could order. Took about 24 hours to get it in. I get a slight discount tere but my cost was $19.87 out the door.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The original GM part number - 10045847, was changed to the newer style part WT3000.

Apparently BWD is still making the old style. Learn something new everyday.

Looked at their website www.bwdbrand.com and both part numbers are listed for the 1984 K30 6.2L

WT5133
WT5134 Late model.

But using the crossreference page, GM 10045847 does show the WT3000

So take your pick. ;)

Last edited:

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
So with that being said, either will work? I put mine in yesterday but as luck would have it, my relay went bad yesterday so I haven't been able to start it.