• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temporarily topless

DatGuyC

I actually really like your first picture, and I'm not really a fan of those style hard tops. I need to hurry up and win the lottery so I can have a set of x door like all the cool kids!

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nick...the windshield frame has the DVE bracket.....do you have the display for it ?

nickd

The top is nice, and in good condition. The only reason to go with the hard top would be to have another platform besides the mule to display the tow stuff.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DVE... I was in the first unit it the Army to get fielded the very first DVE's for testing... Fun times. The problem we had with DVE in the HEMTTS was the display was bolted the inside of the roof of the cab, and when going over bumps, between the seat itself going up and down, the truck doing up and down, one would go up while the other was going down, and some guys got sick.

Last edited:

nickd

Spent some more time today removing the windshield and B pillar. Installed the hard top windshield with the DVE bracket and wiring.New rubber seals are on the way. Pictures to follow

Mike82ndABN

DVE... I was in the first unit it the Army to get fielded the very first DVE's for testing... Fun times. The problem we had with DVE in the HEMTTS was the display was bolted the inside of the roof of the cab, and when going over bumps, between the seat itself going up and down, the truck doing up and down, one would go up while the other was going down, and some guys got sick.
We had them in the maxxpro mraps and they made me feel nausea fast. Something about the eyes not seeing what the body's motion is feeling. Like bad seasickness, took a couple hours to wear off.

nickd

Finished up the install, need to hang the mirrors, antenna, tighten things up and clean up the mess. Next I will need to mount the gunners platform, TOW mounting brackets inside and the MGS box tray.

.image.jpgimage.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks