• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tension on Air Compressor belt

Levi75

I figured out how to put tension on the air compressor belt, and after tightening up the 2 bolts, and running the truck a few miles, the belt now has slack in it again. Back to where I first started. Can anyone tell me what is going on?
Thank you!

ToddJK

NDT is correct. However, you do not want to over tighten that belt which will stretch it further. There's not a lot of tension on the air compressor pulley like there is on the other pulleys which have two belts so a little play acceptable.

kenn

I was chasing gremlins today and noticed that my compressor belt "dances" quite bit but doesn't seem loose. Historically, belts I've seen on engines stayed pretty straight but mine seems to move a good bit. I'll try to get a video.

kenn

Ok, my belt dances like that video, too. I don't think there's an issue with my pulley, though.

ToddJK

Yeah, that dancing around is what I mean by "play". As long as it's not making contact with anything else, it's fine. If it does and the belt has tension on it, then there's an issue with the pulley or possibly even a defective belt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks