• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tensioning the power steering belt

18E40

What a PITA it is to tension the power steering belt. I did this job previously over a year ago when I first bought the M1009 and I replaced the ratty belts. Today I installed a Fluidampr and when I went to tighten up the power steering belt I couldn’t remember how I did it so I decided to use a ratchet strap to hold the tension while I tightened up the nuts/bolts. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

Last edited:

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use one of these bars off the frame with some spacers I'm spacers to gently move the bracket.
but have this 2nd picture device coming , which will make it a breeze, But they are a real POS of an adjustment.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish it had a serpentine belt wow that would be better

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

deank

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my M1031 the power steering pump has four bolts. One at top left is the pivot point. The one at lower left and the one behind the alternator are for adjustment. But there is one more below the one on the alternator bracket. Just below the temperature sending unit. Engine side is 15 mm for adjusting tension, on the other side use a 7/8 socket to pull the pump to tighten the belt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks