• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tent heater, Model H-83 TM?

camp9

I recently bought a tent heater, Engineered air systems model H-83. Does anyone have a TM or any operating manuals? Thanks,

Camp

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try these, and see if they are what you are after...They show the H82, but how much different are they, I do not know.

TM 5-4520-256-14
TM 5-4520-256-24P

I just checked, the Air force model # is the H82, and the Army model # is the H83, so they should be the same

Last edited:

bmwsyc

I also picked one up, works nicely. The unit appeared unused with the new manual inclosed inside.

The difference is spelled out on page 27 of the above linked pdf.

The basic difference is the plugs on the cord, and the Army version has a starter for the fan motor which incorporates a big wirewound resistor for reduced current during fan starting. The manual says that the Air Force (H82) version cannot be started on a MEP-016b/701a generator, and I tested and found this to be true...trips the breaker right away.

Nice units though, if you have not picked up your unit yet, it may have the manual inside of it...mine had both, still sealed in plastic.

Last edited:

camp9

Thanks guys for the help. Mine was the one that had 300 hours, so not a new one but looks like it. I picked it up last week and brought it home in the back of a 813 I bought there. That would be nice if the books are in it. I'll open it the side compartments and see if anything is in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks