• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Terminus M1009

cucvrus

DSCF4476.jpgDSCF4475.jpgDSCF4477.jpgDSCF4478.jpgDSCF4479.jpgDSCF4480.jpg
Picked up a nice 12 ft stake body that will make a nice platform to stack fire wood on and cover. Was going to mount it on a cab chassis but decided against it after I seen the underside. Good thing it was a sealed bid and I never went to look at it. It will work. Now I must unload it. If I do my math right it is going to how darn near 3 full cords of wood. It towed really nice. Have a Great Day.

cucvrus

DSCF4495.jpgDSCF4496.jpgDSCF4497.jpgDSCF4498.jpg
During a big rainstorm last fall 2017 a Mulberry tree fell in the creek behind the In-laws house creating a massive dam and flooding several acres upstream. It has been very muddy and I have been busy. I used the M1009, a Bubba rope and a chain saw to get it opened up. We have good flowing water again. I had planed on first light as it was 16* but I had to settle for 2PM. Bad choice. The sun had melted the surface and made a greasy muddy mess. It's open now. Not as nice as I wanted but done.

cucvrus

DSCF4503.jpgDSCF4502.jpgDSCF4504.jpgDSCF4505.jpgDSCF4506.jpgSame old same old. I was out at the wood lot today cutting and splitting. As soon as I had all the equipment lined up and running the rain began to fall. Thus I lost my helpers. They don't work in the rain. Think they will get sick. Must be a millennial thing. I worked in rain all my life never made me sick. Oh well The wood was all cut and split. The goal was met. 1 complete trailer load. I have that loaded on a frame mounted class 3 receiver and have it mounted thru both frame flanges with crush pipes between the frame flanges. Made the hitch at work and custom fitted it to tie in the pintle hook for extra strength. I used the big Bubba rope a few times on this stock M1009 hitch.

cucvrus

DSCF4528.jpgDSCF4529.jpgLooks like I picked the wrong day to go help someone out of the mud. It happened but me I took the camera without the card in it. Oh well. The Kubota L35 was stuck belly deep. I used the M1028 and Terminus M1009 to get it out. We done a double pull with 2 Bubba Ropes. I was about to get the new one out of the bag but we finally got it out just before sunset. the Kubota slid in the mud and getting traction with tow vehicles was near impossible. Finally about 150-200ft of chain and Bubba Rope at each end we where on black top and out it came. I used Terminus M1009 to shorten the chain and rope as the M1028 pulled from the road. Text book recovery. Some had doubts. But when in doubt you fail. The new tug rope is a 52K. I pull large forklifts out with an M1009 and never spin a wheel. The instructions say to avoid possible overheating of rope and melting wait at least 2 minutes between pull attempts. Who would have thought. Is that called kinetic energy. I think so. Have a great day. Toss the chains and get a Bubba Rope. Works every time.

cucvrus

Bayonet.pngStanger things have happened. Yesterday while out in the woods/fields doing tractor recovery. I found a bayonet sticking in the ground/stone pile. It is a Japanese folding bayonet from a model 44 carbine. I will see if I can get it cleaned up and operational. I have a Japanese model 44 rifle from my fathers estate. That picture is a google picture. When I found it I had no idea what it was. I google folding bayonet. I did not post the rifle because I think they are forbidden here. The area I found it is very close to FITG. Not sure of any correlation. How long it was there????? I doubt 70 years but maybe. Strange thing was I was watching German battlefield metal detecting on YOUTUBE.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Supply officers from Fort Indiantown Gap are probably still looking for that bayonet when it fell off one of the training trucks back in 1942.

cucvrus

The Supply officers from Fort Indiantown Gap are probably still looking for that bayonet when it fell off one of the training trucks back in 1942.
I hope not. It is Japanese from a model 44 carbine. 6.5 mm. I did manage to get the bayonet to fold and still have it soaking for the screws to mount it.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pull large forklifts out with an M1009 and never spin a wheel.
Okay, it wasn't with an M1009, or using a Bubba rope, but the one time I tried to pull a large forklift out (using two snatch blocks and an 8,000-lb. winch) I ended up slightly moving the 80,000-lb. building I used as an anchor, and ripped the rear cross member off the frame.

It was a govt. building with God knows what in it, at an antenna site, so I got the heck out of there after my failed attempt.

cucvrus

I did happen to find a few pictures of Terminus M1009 back when I owned it I think about 1996. It looks good. I will post tonight. Sorry but they are Polaroid's. Oh well they are pictures. Not like your going to have a problem with that?

cucvrus

P1000121.jpgAsk and you shall receive. I ask for a tow strap with a 52K load limit. I received the Bubba Rope. And then this barrel came for me. Someone in cooperate was being helpful. They had a chain 3/4" grade 100 custom made for me. Well thank you. Now I need a crane to hook it up and load it in the back of the pickup. Nice chain Man. ;). I went thru the same thing a few weeks back with torque wrenches. They replied back what is a clicking torque wrench. They thought that was a brand name.(Clinking by Wham-O) :) Just wanted to share. Funny thing is the heavy chain is only half the maximum load of the Bubba Rope. Where do I hook that lobster claw hook?
Chain Strength Chart
(Working Load Limit Comparisons
)Chain strength is identified throughout our website by Working Load Limits* (WLL) in pounds - the higher the WLL, the stronger the chain.About Chain Grades
*WLL is sometimes called Safe Working Load (SWL)

Definitions:

Proof Load: 2 x WLL

Breaking Strength: 4 x WLL (exception Gr 43 is 3 x WLL)

CAUTION: ONLY USE WLL FOR DESIGN PURPOSES.

cucvrus

12289606_970550336360787_4575686661729895156_nred neck moving.jpgOld picture I found when moving furnishing from a house I tore down on an adjacent property. The trailer has the real run flats on it. That was the cargo bed from Easter find. Very useful at the time. Another one of the times where the neighbors were being entertained. They took the picture and sent it to me. Enjoy and have a great day. South Central PA get you plows, blowers and shovels ready its here knocking at the door.

cucvrus

DSCF4657.jpgDSCF4658.jpgDSCF4659.jpgDSCF4660.jpgDSCF4661.jpgDSCF4662.jpgDSCF4663.jpgDSCF4664.jpgDSCF4665.jpgI bought a civilian GMC Jimmy/K5 1990. I am stripping it out for parts and an upcoming build on an M1009 I have stashed away. Handy use of collapsible tent stakes. Shame this thing has power everything and A/C. I know some guys are always looking for A/C. I spent the day traveling. I was buying a few new toys.

cucvrus

DSCF4677.jpgDSCF4680.jpgDSCF4681.jpgDSCF4686.jpgDSCF4687.jpgMy newest toy is the back saver. I am not getting a younger. Time to think harder and work smarter. And I was able to get all the parts taken off and stored away. I have a few vehicles I am completely stripping and combing them on one rolling frame. With my FEL I will be able to get that task completed.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 721380View attachment 721381View attachment 721382View attachment 721383View attachment 721384My newest toy is the back saver. I am not getting a younger. Time to think harder and work smarter. And I was able to get all the parts taken off and stored away. I have a few vehicles I am completely stripping and combing them on one rolling frame. With my FEL I will be able to get that task completed.
Rick, did you get the quick detach bucket for your Kubota? If you did it will allow to get the mating fork attachment. I never thought I needed the fork attachment in till I started using one. Very versatile, especially moving piles of brush.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks