• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Terrible sound

rustystud

That squealing noise in the video sounds very much like a compressor belt to me. The squealing is even pulsing like the compressor. If you plan on keeping the deuce, I would recommend purchasing the wrench set for the compressor. You can normally find them for a reasonable price on Ebay or elsewhere.
That's what I was thinking to. If the belt is tight then it is the compressor. Not the first time I heard one like this that was trashed inside.

dmetalmiki

Everything else but the 'noise' seems in order and easily serviced. Compared to some of mine your looks super clean. Have you got to the root of the noise problem yet?, That. IS the first (and most important) job to get assessed and sorted out.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well it is suppose to rain the next couple of days. Here are some pics of what I have going on other than the sounds and fuel bleeding.

View attachment 718748View attachment 718749View attachment 718750
Prop open and secure the hood, squirt it all down with 50% DAWN/50% hot H2O
............ AND LET IT RAIN
always good to clean it all.
Don't eat the Pods, just use DAWN.

Wen rain stops then you have clean stuff to go look at.
You have not even been into that truck far enough to wonder yet...tide.jpgclean 2.jpgIMG_0162.jpgconsiderable mess 2.jpgIMG_0151.jpg

Last edited:

snowtrac nome

Its very rare so I didn't even suggest it earlier. I have seen rod bearing failures sound like that. Likely the hole that is dead is the one with a bad rod bearing.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Snowtrqc, would bearing material be magnetic? I thought it was not. The only things with moving parts that are oiled are the air comp and the IP.

Anything else I could think of would be internal motor parts. Of the failures I've heard of, next on the list would be a piston liner or cam issue.

DavidWymore

Yes, It's magnetic.

I'm betting blown head gasket. Sounds like mine, plus leaking coolant.

Pull the muffler off if it has one. Pull the air cleaner off. Pull the belts off or loosen - process of elimination. Crank it with the fuel off. If it pops, clangs, bangs, chuffs, poofs, anything other than smooth, fast, even cranking, something in the engine is mechanically broken or head gasket blown, something internal/major. Then try it with the fuel on.

EDIT: Also pull the valve covers and see what the valves are doing.

If you can get it running, crack the injector lines one by one and each should cause a miss. CAREFUL, skin-piercing high pressure fuel!

dmetalmiki

Golly! I had not listened to the video noise before, And now that I have And seen all that blow by*..Plus is it really shaking that bad?, And bits of metal?..There is something Seriously amiss inside that engine.
My bet is when you carry out the checks recommended by DavidWymore on the injectors..that one of them when loosened makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. (pointing to a Piston* or Liner Failure!) I hope I am wrong. Post up what you find after those checks.

snowtrac nome

Sorry I couldn't reply power has been out all day. The babbit in the bearing is not magnetic, but the rods and crank are, you can bet the house if the bearing is bad so is the crank and rod.

JKELLS

dang guys. well I got a lot of work to do. I will try and post pics as I go along. thank you guys. this site is a great place to find help. with out ya I would have been a lost ball in tall weeds.

I have another project more pertinent come up so I will get on it as soon as I can.

anybody do an engine upgrade and would like to sell me an multifuel? I would like to have two engines any how.

JKELLS

I was just thinking. and I have had oil problems with this thing for a while. I wonder if the oil pump would cause the metal shavings. I am gonna dump the oil and pull the oil pan and look for something in there. but I was wondering if the pump is causing all this problem..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks