• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing for CARC

7mmTCU

Searched around a bit after seeing a post about ID'ing whether you have CARC or not paint on a truck. Did not see the relavent post.

The reference stated was something abreviated like nail polish remover and a rag....

Is there a quick/easy way to determine if the truck is painted with CARC?

I don't have any markings or stenciling that would indicate one way or the other.

Thanks
Dean

Wolf.Dose

No objections you paint your truck in CARC. Remenber, it is epoxide, do not grind it down without heavy breathing proitection. Do not wacs the clothes used together with other clothes. Avoid breating of any kind of dust of that kind of colour while working with it.
Sooner or later this CARC will do a big lot of damage to your lungs and your body without the neccessary precautions!
Wolf

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you've ever seen one with CARC and one without, the difference is obvious. CARC has very rough texture compared to non-CARC paint. If you can post a good pic of the truck I may can tell you just from the pics. Also, alot of the CARC painted trucks had "CARC" stenciled somewhere on the truck.

7mmTCU

If you've ever seen one with CARC and one without, the difference is obvious. CARC has very rough texture compared to non-CARC paint. If you can post a good pic of the truck I may can tell you just from the pics. Also, alot of the CARC painted trucks had "CARC" stenciled somewhere on the truck.
No stencils that I can find. It is raining here tonite so I'll have to wait till is drys to take a picture.

Thanks

From my experience i have to agree Normally i know the Marine corps cucv has Got a date when it was last painted it whould look like this SEEN IT many ways usally on the trucks they did it on the pass side or sometimes on the front bumper

CARC or CARC
AUG 10 08/10

7mmTCU

Not sure if these pictures are good enough. I could not find any stencil that related to the paint.

Thanks

Dean

Attachments