• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing glow plugs, am I doing it right?

buckroseau

Having a starting problem.....it isn't. Grabbed the multi meter to check the ohm's while the plugs were still in the truck. One terminal on a ground and another on the plug bullet. While the plugs where still in the truck, 1 plug tested at 2.0 ohms. The other 7, nothing.

I pulled all 8 plugs tonight, all came out easy, no swelling. The plug by itself on the left is the one that is reading 2.0, the others don't do anything?

Am I missing something, or do glow plugs go from working to not working over the course of a few starts?

Thanks, Matt

Attachments

gcbennet

I pulled and tested all of my plugs just to either confirm or eliminate them during my S3 box troubleshooting. I put my probes on the connector nipple and the outer casing and they all metered at between 2.0 and 2.5 ohms.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks