• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing Pacific Connection

Foxtrot Oscar

Thankyou all.

High praise indeed! :D
I help maintain and drive this truck for my friend. (He has a Daimler Dingo scout car to convoy with).

Canadian Military Pattern (CMP) C8A built by Chevrolet in Canada for British Commonwealth armies. Very popular with NZ & Australian forces as well as the larger Ford-built F15 & F30. All shared the same cab on variations of chassis and axle configurations creating 8, 15 & 30 hundredweight capacities. Chevy 6-cyl 'Dipper' engine. Fords had the side-valve V8. All are Right-Hand Drive.

Regarded as possibly the ugliest truck ever built by Chevrolet...

This truck served with NZ Army in Japan as part of the BCOF -British & Commonwealth Occupational Force after WWII (aka 'J Force') and I'm honoured to drive her.

My own project is an M1009.

I presumed threads in this 'Test' section get deleted? Maybe Mods could move it to Member's Rides and I can post a couple more pics.
Regards to all,
John.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks