• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

testing your alternators

carctruck

Im looking through the maintenance manual on testing alternators, and Im sure everyone else has seen that a test bench is the preferred method for testing. My gen 2 light is sweeping bright to dim, and Im reading 30VDC cycling to 28VDC in sync with the light, meanwhile my voltage gauge stays motionless at the high end of green. Anyone else have this happen to them?

niferous

My Gen 2 light comes on sporadically web though the alternator was rebuilt. The voltage does not drop and the alternators test good. Any ideas? It only does it at idle.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Gen 2 light comes on sporadically web though the alternator was rebuilt. The voltage does not drop and the alternators test good. Any ideas? It only does it at idle.
Just because the alternator was rebuilt doesn't mean the parts are good. I have seen new "china" parts fail before and shortly after installation.

Have it tested.

niferous

Just because the alternator was rebuilt doesn't mean the parts are good. I have seen new "china" parts fail before and shortly after installation.

Have it tested.
Have it tested at a shop or test it myself on the truck? They both put out the required power.

gaunt1969

sounds like the voltage regulator. you can get the parts for around $40 and do it yourself in less than 1hr "30 min" if u done it b-4. its very easy to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks