• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

texas rally anyone???

LightCorporal

Unless you are going to the beach, I opine that only a madman
would want to visit Texas in the summer. Spring is heaven
and fall is too. No comment about winter. I am now in
Colorado, but winter will (probly; one never knows about me)
not find me either here or most anywheres in my homeland: Texas.
I should not go so far as to vote, but if I did, fall would get my vote.

Im in:-D
How about somewhere in the middle!!!!!!!!!:-D San Antonio is a miltary city "Fort Sam Houston, Camp Bullis, Randolph AFB, Lackland AFB and jsut up the road Fort Hood plus dont forget the Interpreted center for wounded warriors on BAMC" is a good idea. What about a swap meet as well.

pvtjorge

I'm riding over to Liberty next month for the Trinity Valley Exposition parade. Just something to do. Hopefully huricanes will not enterrupt any planning this year.

jeep-Jeep

How about someone check and see if we can get on fort hood reserve .
They used to allow it pre 911 but closed it to the public .
If someone knows how to ask correctly ?
call it historic or educational ?
we might be able to get on a few thousand acres .
CD

Westex

I'm for what Hell On Wheels suggested. How 'bout a swap meet in San Antonio. Everybody brings their goodies. I don't really think the mil bases will let us on, but how 'bout the swap meet area there at the south loop of 410; they have lots of extra space; and with us showing up, they HAVE to make the space.

CanonNinja

I will add to what has been suggested here...

Central Tx for most around it will be 4 hours or less driving, so definitely make this a Saturday event so those of us with long drives can rest that night before hell on the road back home.

Winnie, I wouldn't suggest.. there is not much out there anymore post-Ike on the beach, but last time I took the ferry to bolivar, i got skipped to the front of the line.

Spring Creek is ok, but too small, and the trails can be brutal on those not used to offroading big trucks. not to mention those with new canvas or vinyl will be hard-pressed to possibly ruin it on the trails as they BARELY fit an M35

LibTimothy

One of the students in my class is a soldier at Ft Hood, and I asked him who you could call to use Ft Hood for a rally. He is going to get a name and phone number of the Civilian Liaison officer who are or can direct us to the correct folks to ask. He also suggested the Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area, which is just east of Ft Hood and has in the past had civilians use it.

Timothy

jeep-Jeep

Great
It sounds as if we are divided as to whether this event will be a trail ride.
a swap meet or a show and shine .
Either way if we do not get something on the books it is all talk .
I say we try to do all the above which will require a open area to ride.

LibTimothy

Who is taking charge of this venture? I can only take a limited support role. I have Ft Hood contact info, but don't know what to ask if I call. So....... Who wants it?

Timothy

jeep-Jeep

Not from that auction :cry:
Wanted to but was afraid of whether I could do a safe recovery
or what it would cost to ship
I Do have a singled out with power assist steering out of Texas :-D

LibTimothy

Bump.

Are we still looking at Ft Hood or somewhere else?

It's October already so November will be here before you know it. If this is going to happen a place should be chosen very soon now.

Timothy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks