• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

texas rally anyone???

nofearnohope

College Station is a good central point for Austin, Houston and Dallas. There is the Museum of the American GI now (www.magicstx.org) and an offroad park here that gives a veteran's discount (www.brazosvalleyoffroadranch.com). Just a thought.
Just went and checked out the Brazos Valley Off Road Ranch for a possible rally location. They have over 280 acres of trails and campsites, including a clubhouse with men and women's showers and bathrooms. Rental for the whole location is $200/day.

Please let me know who all is interested and when.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swap meet spaces would help defer the cost of the park rental. If you're looking for a zero sum ending, plan on the swap meet fees and if it doesn't cover it then hit everyone up for whatever percentage they would owe so you break even.

And probably mid-late spring.

LibTimothy

nofearnohope,

You beat me to the punch. I was looking at another ORV park to set something up.

I am volunteering to help you. Look for a PM from me. I like the idea of a camping/trail riding event, and I don’t mind chipping in to cover the cost of the park.

I would like to lobby for mid March as that would correspond with my spring break.

Timothy

TexAndy

$200 for 10 people for a day is nothing. I don't think it would be hard to get 10 people to participate.

Hint:

Get the money in advance. That way they'll be more likely to show up. And if they don't, you're not left holding the bag. :-D

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's just a mud bash you'll rule out a lot of MV folks. If you have something more you're likely to get a bigger crowd. I'm in no matter what but the wife would probably prefer not to get that dirty.

nofearnohope

Not really a mud bash, but does have some trails to drive on as well as a pond for those that like to fish, there is a clubhouse with restrooms and showers. There has been the suggestion of a show and/or swapmeet. I'm new at this and open to suggestions to get as many MVers here as we can.

nofearnohope

It is now January 15th and I'm looking at a weekend in March to do this. Please let me know who is still interested and what weekend works best. We will plan on a show/swap meet as well as a meet and greet of the Texas MV owners that show up. There are lots of off road trails to take advantage of for those that are interested.

Texas Manny

Hey Y'all,

Has this ever been organized? If not, you might want to consider doing a show in conjunction with Wounded Warriors. They might like all the old military vehicles. A show up at Fort Hood would probably do wonders for the moral of all the soldiers, especially those still serving with 25 years +. May bring back many memories.

Just an idea to throw out...

91W350

We would like to run a couple down there for a convoy, meeting, trail ride, we just need to know when. If our schedules can be bent enough, we will be there. Glen

wehring

We are in

George and I are definitely in.

I will have the first run of deuce hitches available for sale. I have kept this under wraps but a major hitch company has worked with me to build a Class V+ hitch specifically for the deuce. I sent them a frame section and they designed the mounts. They attach to preexisting holes in the side of the frame instead of the bottom. More to come.

Looking forward to bringing one of the bobbers and having a good visit.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

nofearnohope

The location I am looking at is only available the weekend of the 13th and 14th. Make sure you mark your calendars for this weekend. More details to follow as everything else gets lined up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks