• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Texas temp. registration

Sambor

I just had a very pleasant experience with the DMV here in Texas. I wanted to get a temporary registration for a 931A2 I am going to Oklahoma to pick up tomorrow. They took my info over the phone, assigned me a customer # and sent me the permit by email-- all in the span of 1 hour. Costs is $50.00 for 144 hours with no limit on stops, trips, and the truck can be used for commercial use. Also got a commercial insurance policy for $43.00 per month. So, if anyone in Texas needs any info, let me know-- be glad to help out. John

agazza2

I just had a very pleasant experience with the DMV here in Texas. I wanted to get a temporary registration for a 931A2 I am going to Oklahoma to pick up tomorrow. They took my info over the phone, assigned me a customer # and sent me the permit by email-- all in the span of 1 hour. Costs is $50.00 for 144 hours with no limit on stops, trips, and the truck can be used for commercial use. Also got a commercial insurance policy for $43.00 per month. So, if anyone in Texas needs any info, let me know-- be glad to help out. John
Great, good luck on your recovery. You could also have went with a 30 day temp permit, as long as the vehicle is unladen, and not hauling any cargo. So for your commercial insurance, how much does it cover, and is it for personal use only? Would like to know more about this option. Would be good to go this way on my M915, and also non-commercial, personal use only plates. But last time I asked, they said this would be expensive.

Sambor

The insurance is for liability only. I plan to use it for farm use, so that might make a difference. It figures out to 509.00 per year. I don't know about the 30 day permit. The on e I have is from the Motor Carrier Division-- same as semi's. When I spoke with them, it was explained that because of the size and capability of the truck, it would fall under their oversight. They only offer 3 temp permits--72 hour, 144 hour, and a single trip good for 15 days point A to B only. The commercial ins. is good for farming use and covers whatever I haul with that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks