• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

th400 doesnt like to downshift

motormayhem

Recently had my th400 rebuild and have noticed that it doesn't seem to like to downshift. Most of the time it is happy, but sometimes when I am driving and coast down to say 30 and then traffic gets moving again it will still be in 3rd and bog. Also it started out in 2nd one time for some reason. Easy fix or time to call in on the warranty?

woodyNla

I would take it back. so the shop will know the history, even if it could be fixed with a simple step. That way if it did mess up again they can't deny that something isn't quite right.

4bogginchevys

I would take it back too, and if all checks out good than you can adjust the little hootice behind the gas pedal. I dont think there's really much adjustment but you can move the whole assembly if you loosen the mounting bolts and gain a little something. A friend of mine used electrical tape and wrapped it around the little wheel to enlarge the size....works perfect, also check to make sure the wires are hooked to tranny, drivers side, maybe clean the ground too. Thats near the pedal. good luck2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks