• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TH400 governer

cliffyp

The governor impacts shift timing. If your governor isn't working properly then you may get: early up shift, late up shift, no up shift, full throttle only up shift.

If you have any of these symptoms, there are other things that can cause them as well, so don't just assume that it is the governor. If you have any of these symptoms I would always check the governor before dropping the trans and opening it up.

tankie88

Well,my trans aint worked properly since i dropped it 2 years ago to change the flex plate.Sometimes it changes 1st,2nd ok and 3rd(you don't feel it change).Won't change down to 2nd from 3rd(unless done manually) If you use the kick down it drops 2 gears.I,ve checked all the vac piping,new modulator.Only thing i haven.t attacked is the gov.

cliffyp

Well,my trans aint worked properly since i dropped it 2 years ago to change the flex plate.Sometimes it changes 1st,2nd ok and 3rd(you don't feel it change).Won't change down to 2nd from 3rd(unless done manually) If you use the kick down it drops 2 gears.I,ve checked all the vac piping,new modulator.Only thing i haven.t attacked is the gov.
So it was working properly before you dropped the trans? Not getting a part throttle down shift is most likely a vacuum issue. I know you changed/checked that, but that's probably where the problem is. Check to make sure that the case opening isn't plugged/blocked where the modulator goes in. It is possible that your new modulator isn't working. Did you replace it before or after you stopped getting downshifts?

If all the vacuum system is truly working properly them you are looking at a sticking/binding valve inside the valve body. It doesn't seem that removing the trans and changing the flex plate would correlate to an internal trans issue. Seems most likely that some part of the vacuum system is damaged/blocked/restricted.

andytk5

I'm having a similar issue and I noticed the orange wire that comes from the solenoid on the driver's side of the trans is cut and hanging. I can't find where the orange wire should go and terminate with a spade plug I'm sure but don't know the location. I don't get kickdowns from 3rd on the hwy so I wonder if this may be your issue as well?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks