• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TH400 has Passed (mourning its passing)

Somemedic

Cold weather and age have conspired to put me afoot in this miserable weather. The CUCV that I love is now immobile. I have a fella about a mile away who owns a shop says he will rebuild my own with a torque converter for a mere $875. How can I say no....

So I went to fire up the M35 to go tow the 1009 home but its just too cold to start. I will leave the batt charger on for an hour while I take a shower and see if I cant get her to move. Almost got it one time with some ether in the mushroom. Maybe tomorrow will be warmer?

As FYI the blazer died at my firestation and wouldnt go up into the bay until towed. Droped the pan, replaced the filter, added a bottle of lucas and got her a few miles until she finally died. Pump wasnt whining this time like it was last night at the station. I was told a whining pump means the filter is clogged.

Last edited:

devilman96

Yikes... How long did you have to run it to plug the filter with out servce??? Geesh thats got to be a LOT of miles!

Id yank that and toss a kit and a pump it in with a NEW converter!!! 500 bucks maybe, T400s are childs play to rebuild... Go get a book and have fun.

motorolanut

When I had my CUCV, The bands started slipping...tried the Lucas tranny fluid no luck....
Had it rebuilt just before I sold it, cost me aound $550.00

Somemedic

Boys, if I had a shop and some time Id be all up in it. My god if it were just a few more months even with it warmer Id do it. This is the daily drivertho, and with it being the main form of transport I need it up and running asap.

So I towed it with the Queen to the shop which is kind of, well... fun as hell. Specially in the snow. I had a sense of pride that I got my own stuff together and pulled it myself kind of a thing. BTW 875 seems to be the going rate from the recommended shops here in the area. There are a few shops that were cheaper but they seem to be kind of seedy and really dirty. Since I saved my self a towing fee I opted for a HD convrerter for an extra 75. Id mentioned the shift kit but the dude said he had a better one than B+M's. Since I dont tow much he said not to bother.

I will mention also that It fired up yesterday (both deuce and CUCV) after sitting overnight without being plugged in. The Queen usually gets a shot of ether in the mushroom, I run over to the other side and hit the starter. Sometimes I hav to hold the starter down when its below 0 but it still starts. The blazer even moved under its own power yesterday when i was trying to get the towbar lined up. I let it run the entire way I was towing (trans in N, transfer case in N) and then drove it into the shop bay. Tranny guy said once the clutches warmed up they may start slipping again, or it could be the torque converter. I was not happy at hearing that but myabe it will equate to a smaller repair bill.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks