• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TH400 sprung a leak

bsalbrig

I took my truck out this weekend, up until now the truck had a light leak out the transfercase and I was going to get to it eventually. The trans was apparantly leaking back into the transfercase, now it is pouring out where the two join. I used 3gallons of trans oil to get back home. The transmission has 19000 miles on it and it shifts hard and doesnt slip. I need to know if I need to get a full rebuild or just a seal kit. I can get a seal kit for around $35. I really want to put a sm465 in the truck but I dont want to get new driveshafts again.

4bogginchevys

I would use great stuff instead if a gasket ( let it setup for 30 minutes or so before installing, and a new oil seal for the tranny to transfer leak. Then you shouldn't ever have to do it again:!: