• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TH400 Transmission to LDT-465 Multifuel Engine

epartsman

$460.00/ 4.00 = 115 gallons of diesel.
Roughly 6 tanks of fuel in my truck

The math adds up for me to run alt fuels at this point.fat lady sings
That was a deal. I did not have to pay a core charge as mine was trash. ( a friend deal) Check out the core policy on the ones being sold on _Bay. WMO has fine metal particulates that probably are not being filtered out that is currently eating at the interior of your IP.

Build what you will. There is no fool proof bullet proof Doomsday ride that can be built inexpensively with a CUCV as they are just too light duty which is why the military has been unloading them. The depth of your pockets will determine what
you can make and how well it will run as a garbage O matic. Dr Brown tried that in the Delorean remember?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Pat the rotor failed and locked the pump thus snapping the shaft. Diesel logic attributed it to a clog and told me they could smell the oil in the fuel. They dismantled it and compared it to a stanadyne book showing pictures of failures. I was only running less than 20% clean but expired veg oil with the diesel so it should have had plenty of lubricant. Diesel Kleen does make a lube additive not just a cleaner. The 09 at the time of failure was running the best and smoothest it had ever been since I had it. The only problem was a slight hard start problem requiring 1/2 pedal to fire. I heard a POP and it was all over. This was in June and in 95 degree Florida heat so viscosity I thought would not be an issue. I cannot attest however to what had been run in it while it was a beach comer in South Florida for the National Guard or what sitting all these years after 26K miles on the beach did to it. But what I can attest to is it started on the first turn after sitting for over a year with a bad starter. It barely turned over, caught, and ran.
They threw away my old pump and built me a 4520 new gen pump. Cost me $460 incl tax and they gave me a felpro gasket set.
A 20% blend of diesel fuel and Veggie oil ISN'T biodiesel. It's just a blend.

ryan77

Why don't you put the engine in the bed of the truck? It will fit then fabricate a trans axel!!:cookoo:

epartsman

A 20% blend of diesel fuel and Veggie oil ISN'T biodiesel. It's just a blend.
Im not trying to argue but Duval County has been purchasing used cooking oil and refining it to mix with diesel to run in their city buses and vehicles. They are calling it B20 Biodiesel. Which is a 20% blend. I concede to those more knowledgeable than myself but all I know is what I read. I am not doing that again without further research. My IP failure is a combination of things I am slowly finding out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks