• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thank you Guyfang!

justinn

Not that anyone who has been on here for longer than 2 days wouldn't know, but Guyfang is truly a stand up Gentleman /Scholar.

I was in Germany to pick up a car, and let Guy know I might be swinging by on the trip. He said just to let him know the day I would be coming and he would do his best to accommodate me. Since I would be potentially driving past his area twice, I tried to make both days available, but turns out I could only do the one on the way down to Stuttgart from Leipzig.

So I roll out about 11am from Leipzig and hit the Autobahn. I had delayed another hour to make sure I wouldn't arrive too early since he was spending time with the grand kids. I made it to his home without incident and he met me outside. We went inside his lovely home and the first thing he did was offer me a beer! My kind of guy! He introduced to me to his lovely wife Mrs. Guyfang, and we continued chewing the fat for a few hours. Super Cool Guy with a ton of experience!

So after a couple hours, he volunteers to drive me out to where he used to work in the Army. After an awesome drive through the countryside, we finally arrive. I definitely don't feel too bad for him after seeing the awesome view that they had up there on the top of the mountain. We spend a couple of hours out there and I learned an absolute wealth of information from him.

We head back down the mountain to his home and he volunteers to let me park my newly acquired car in one of his garages(and it actually fit! We were worried that it may not be able to get up over the curb). I was only in for the day and had to head out first thing in the AM, so I walked from the hotel to his garage, and headed out.

I really just had to let everyone know what a stand up Gentleman that Guy is, and I really look forward to stopping by the next time I am there.

Thank you Guy!

Justin

Guyfang

Staff member
Thank you! I had a good time. If you would have been here next month, we would have made you miss your flight!

You are more then welcome here, and when you make it back, there are a few other things we talked about doing and seeing. It took a day to calm the folks down after Justin left. Everyone thought I had gone into the car theft biz! Take care and be safe!!

justinn

Thank you! I had a good time. If you would have been here next month, we would have made you miss your flight!

You are more then welcome here, and when you make it back, there are a few other things we talked about doing and seeing. It took a day to calm the folks down after Justin left. Everyone thought I had gone into the car theft biz! Take care and be safe!!
I will let you know well ahead of time on my next trip(at least that's the current plan. lol). Again, I cannot thank you and your wife enough for the hospitality.

It was just a German made car in Germany! I figured they would be a dime a dozen over there. Turns out that even in Germany, you don't see them very often. I accidentally parked in the employee parking at the Porsche factory in Stuttgart. When I came back out, there was a guy looking at the car... go figure, he was an engineer for Porsche and he told me that he had only seen one other GT3RS. I told him that he needed to get down to the factory floor more. He just laughed. I didn't ask him what it was that he engineered though :) . He was a really nice dude, though. He took about 40 pictures! Which is about 38 more than I took of the car while I was there!

Justin

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Did you mean, "Got BACK into the car theft biz?" Glad you didn't have to take out a wall or fill in a curb to get her into the garage.....by the way, I KNOW a Guy, who knows a guy that could MAYBE help ya out!
ROFLMBO

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
he had only seen one other GT3RS.

Dime a dozen! Sure.............got two lined up for the weekend and another for the jaunt to the Piggly Wiggly!

LOL.............................
SA-weeeeet ride, but I don't imagine too comfortable for the family reunion run! LOL

You are most correct, Guyfang is quite knowledgeable and according to "Chucky" darn friendly..................Herr Guyfang Rocks!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Dime a dozen! Sure.............got two lined up for the weekend and another for the jaunt to the Piggly Wiggly!

SA-weeeeet ride, but I don't imagine too comfortable for the family reunion run! LOL

You are most correct, Guyfang is quite knowledgeable and according to "Chucky" darn friendly..................Herr Guyfang Rocks!
Hes a fina feller youll find he is ! I was over there last year with my new bride on our honeymoon and i had rented a car to see the sights and it just happend to break down rite up the road from his neighborhood and it was winter time and cold ! This good man came down and picked up my new wife and took her back to his house where he would call for a towtruck and for me to stay with the car till it got there so for the next 3 days i stayed with the car almost freezing to death and would call Guy and he said their on the way sit tight so i figured he knew best and my wifes phone must have not had reception at his house ?? Day 4 its time for us to be back at the airport to fly home and he says to cab it to the airport and he would bring my new bride to meet me but they broke down as well and she missed the flight so she called me and told me to come back on our anniversary to pick her up and you know Guy has let her stay with him this whole year for free i just had to send 5k$ for her food ! And he says shes a real prize to be around when he gets her on the home made schapps he makes ! I cant thank him enough !

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hes a fina feller youll find he is ! I was over there last year with my new bride on our honeymoon and i had rented a car to see the sights and it just happend to break down rite up the road from his neighborhood and it was winter time and cold ! This good man came down and picked up my new wife and took her back to his house where he would call for a towtruck and for me to stay with the car till it got there so for the next 3 days i stayed with the car almost freezing to death and would call Guy and he said their on the way sit tight so i figured he knew best and my wifes phone must have not had reception at his house ?? Day 4 its time for us to be back at the airport to fly home and he says to cab it to the airport and he would bring my new bride to meet me but they broke down as well and she missed the flight so she called me and told me to come back on our anniversary to pick her up and you know Guy has let her stay with him this whole year for free i just had to send 5k$ for her food ! And he says shes a real prize to be around when he gets her on the home made schapps he makes ! I cant thank him enough !
I didn't know whether to "Wow" or "Ha Ha" this comment. I wonder how Mrs. Guyfang feels about the arrangement?

Also, just going by what I've seen on here, Guyfang is a class act. Glad to know he's real, and not A.I.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't know whether to "Wow" or "Ha Ha" this comment. I wonder how Mrs. Guyfang feels about the arrangement?

Also, just going by what I've seen on here, Guyfang is a class act. Glad to know he's real, and not A.I.
My wife says hes wonderful that he took her to try on bikinis all day a few weeks back and since it was kind of cramped in the house he moved his wife out to stay in the garage cause she doent have alot to say anyways !

justinn

HAHA, well ok... maybe not a dime a dozen :ROFLMAO: I did over 4 hours non stop, most of it at what ~some people might call "high speed", and I didn't need help prying my 48 year old arse out of the buckets. I would say that qualifies as "family friendly":D Wife won't agree however.

He truly is a stand up guy and I really can't wait to head back and spend a bit of time in his neck of the woods. It's beautiful there.

Justin

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HAHA, well ok... maybe not a dime a dozen :ROFLMAO: I did over 4 hours non stop, most of it at what ~some people might call "high speed", and I didn't need help prying my 48 year old arse out of the buckets. I would say that qualifies as "family friendly":D Wife won't agree however.

He truly is a stand up guy and I really can't wait to head back and spend a bit of time in his neck of the woods. It's beautiful there.

Justin
If you do happen to get back over there see why my wife doesnt anwser the phone ?? Hope everythings ok ! Last time we talked she was getting sick in the mornings !

justinn

If you do happen to get back over there see why my wife doesnt anwser the phone ?? Hope everythings ok ! Last time we talked she was getting sick in the mornings !
If I've learned one thing in life, it's to disregard the loud noises and screams that emanate from any homes I visit. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

On another note: How's that heatwave @Guyfang ?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I've learned one thing in life, it's to disregard the loud noises and screams that emanate from any homes I visit. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

On another note: How's that heatwave @Guyfang ?
Are you hinting that you heard them grunting and yelping ? Ive heard that too when they do anwser the phone she says thats exercise time and to not worry ! Its nice hes keeping her in fit condition for me ! She says what ever is in that snapps makes her sleep for like 10 hrs straight after just one shot ! Must be powerful stuff ! Hes not even making me pay for the booze hes giving my sweet little angel ! My sister wants to fly over there next since shes talked to my wife and it wont cost me but 1300 bucks for the plane ticket ! How lucky can one man be !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last two days have been cooler, with a tad of rain today and yesterday. Guess we will see what the morning brings.
Angel said something about 4 inch pounding last night ! Yall sure have strange weather over there !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks