• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thank you to 73m819 (deuce tow/recovery)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
my pleasure, just so everybody knows, the 819 calls for two crew members , so thats my son JW as my number 2 crew member

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
[thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joel, what are your plans for the deuce? I'm always fascinated with the wreckers and hope to have the M108 soon. I have somebody that might have interest in whats left of the compressor bed if you scrap it. And Ron, I see you have all the stuff necessary for the lift tow. Thats cool. I'm pretty sure I have everything for when I get the little crane. Now in everybodys travels, I have the strap on towing lights that the later wreckers use. I don't have the cable so if anybody stumbles across a really long trailer cable with a weird plug on one end, please shout!
Kenny

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
kenny, where did you get the strap on lites , i could use some, what is the asking price on the 108 just out of curiosity

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Recovry4x4 said:
Joel, what are your plans for the deuce?
for now just get it roadworthy (which I'll have to do with very limited funds)
It would be nice to "restore" it as a compressor truck, I just don't know if I can swing it financially. Once I get it sorted out mechanically I may pull the compressor bed/tool boxes (which are probably in better condition than anything else on the truck) and go with a cargo bed (ihope to be building a house about two years from now)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might can get a cargo bed to swap for the compressor stuff if you want. Any idea on the condition of the OA331?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
oil looks good, rear oil seal has a leak, coolant sytem "seems" intact looks pretty good for a 53 year old engine.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
from another post, but since I'm plagarizing myself, its OK
The tm also shows the tools the truck was originally equipped with:
Paving Breaker (jackhammer)
Clay digger
Wood
Rock drill
Nail driver
Circular saw
Chain saw (two man)
Grease gun kit
Pneumatic tool accessories (wonder how fast you can fill a 9.00x20.00 tire at 210 cfm)

BTW found the TM at
http://www.tpub-manual.com/Automotive_and_Mechanics/

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It shoud be an M45 chassis with compressor equipment. Ron, I've been shopping for the lights for a while. I got this one from an Ebay store for $40. It was like new but dropped and had a broken light. If I could just find the cord or even just the connector. The M108 price is around $5000. I'm hoping to get it a few dollrs cheaper.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
thank you, the data plate on the compresser deuce shows m44, 5000 isnt to bad, there was one i tkink in calia. that had a multi and od trans , the asking was 7500?

rdixiemiller

Do yourself a favor and get the thing running before anything else. You can sink a lot of bucks into an old one like this, especially if it has been setting up for years.
How long isnce it ran?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
here is the original compressor. If you have good eyes you can pick out one of my rear tires in the background.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks