• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks Kurt!

Icesythe7

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wanted to say thanks to Kurt for selling me an 831A inverter and governor controller, my dead MEP-831A can live again!!!

Also does anyone know how to tighten up the latches on the lid? In the closed position they don't even catch the base latch and the base latch doesnt seem bent or messed up, also can anyone post the ideal (with model numbers hopefully) battery combo setup that fits nicely for the 831a's?

Last edited:

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the J shaped latch plates can be adjusted. I seem to recall the mounting holes are slotted.
I use pairs of AGM 12 volt motorcycle batteries in my sets. When strapped together they are the same size and the original 24 volt AGM battry. I'll try and remember to look at the battery model and dimensions tomorrow.

fb40dash5

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The latches on the lid can indeed be adjusted in slots, the nuts & bolts are 8mm or 5/16". Loosen the bolts just enough, move the latch til it's too tight, then latch them about 2/3 of the way, stop & tighten the hardware there.

You can use anything from about a 14, up to a 20 size motorcycle battery. IIRC mine is a pair of 20s, since the prices between those sizes were all the same, might as well get the most for the money. But I don't think that machine will ever care the difference, with a 24V starter all of the above are more than enough.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The AGMs in my 831. Two wired in series to get 24 volts.
They've worked flawlessly. I use this set a LOT to test the Governor Controller and Remote Start assemblies.
Lugs for + and - cables are from Lowes electrical department.
Each batteries dimensions...
Battery Dimensions.jpg
Batteries.jpg

Last edited:

Icesythe7

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The AGMs in my 831. Two wired in series to get 24 volts.
They've worked flawlessly. I use this set a LOT to test the Governor Controller and Remote Start assemblies.
Lugs for + and - cables are from Lowes electrical department.
Each batteries dimensions...
View attachment 911385
View attachment 911384
thanks for that I also went and lowered the brackets for the latch and all the way down is still too loose so I am assuming in needs a new foam seal or whatever is used there for sealing the lid, also mine is missing that battery bracket so that sucks...I'll have to see if i can model one in CAD and print it.

fb40dash5

Steel Soldiers Supporter
20231126_113843.jpg
While I wait to see if my "parts machine" will just dry out its inverter, here's a pic of the original battery it came with (yay, free core to return against the 2 I bought for the 802A) versus a pair of 20s gorilla taped together. Almost a perfect match!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks