• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks S.S. its coming along

cucv1833

I would like to say thanks for the help in my recent post and searches I have learned alot about my CUCV. I think i got my charging and fuel problems fixed. I would also like to share some photos of my build. My truck M1008 was a Airforce postal truck i believe. it was sold to my buddy off G.L. as parts only
he swapped axles with his M1009 then added the turbo and some what got it running then i bought it.
This week i will put on some black 10.5 in wheels on my little 10 bolts lol
and cont. with general maintaince and cont. cleaning up the electrial system mostly the dash.

Thanks again[thumbzup]

Attachments

91W350

I am betting that thing does super on fuel mileage. A lot of guys had a lot of service out of the 1/2 ton axles. What I want though, is some audio of that thing resonating in that stack! I suppose the turbo really knocks the noise down... Glen

cucv1833

GM1008- yes it has m 1009 axles front and rear

91W350- it gets loud once your above half throttle I cruise around most of the time without even moving the boost gauge. When I mash on it with the back glass open it's loud. I haven't tested the fuel mpg yet the gauge works but can't keep the truck running long enough for a good trip I think I'm gonna buy a new IP and try that I just broke down around the house and had to limp home

Cucvfreek- yeah when I go fast it never has hi revs. The speedo works I need to cross check it with GPS. It shifts good I put new vacuum lines and modulater on it

cucv1833

GM1008- yes it has m 1009 axles front and rear

91W350- it gets loud once your above half throttle I cruise around most of the time without even moving the boost gauge. When I mash on it with the back glass open it's loud. I haven't tested the fuel mpg yet the gauge works but can't keep the truck running long enough for a good trip I think I'm gonna buy a new IP and try that I just broke down around the house and had to limp home

Cucvfreek- yeah when I go fast it never has hi revs. The speedo works I need to cross check it with GPS. It shifts good I put new vacuum lines and modulater on it

jimmy-90

Are you looking into putting a 4911 IP on it that is built and tuned for a turbo? Also if you are able or willing to install them I've heard of a timing gear set you can upgrade to as well that will eliminate the problem with slack in the stock timing chain. Along with the hopped up IP and studded down heads, upgrades like those should make very interesting numbers on the dyno for an old 6.2 diesel.

cucv1833

Are you looking into putting a 4911 IP on it that is built and tuned for a turbo? Also if you are able or willing to install them I've heard of a timing gear set you can upgrade to as well that will eliminate the problem with slack in the stock timing chain. Along with the hopped up IP and studded down heads, upgrades like those should make very interesting numbers on the dyno for an old 6.2 diesel.

That sounds good I will look into that I'm not really worried about numbers right now just reliability I thought I had it going Im guessing the pumps going out It's probably old anyway my pump is turned up already. Could the pump work good some times and bad other times my problem happens after it reaches operating temp thanks for the reply I will check that out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks