• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The '07 Ga./Southern Rally-details/signup here

JohnnyReb

Hi Clinto:
I am able to attend the rally....had a conflicting trip scheduled from last year that is now cancelled.
Since I am so close, is there anything extra that I can provide?
JB

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey Johnny,

Nope, we're all good, Bring your truck and a smile and we're good to go, thanks for the offer.

:beer: See ya' next week!

case-basketcase

clinto said:
There is another point I'd like to add here, that BFR had brought up and I forgot to include in my initial writeup:

If you are a newbie, a lurker who hasn't posted yet or you are considering getting an MV, then show up!! It's an easy going group of folks and they'll be happy to tell you everything you need to know about the vehicles. You can probably even score a ride in one.. 8)

Now thats a nice invitation! I was wondering should I or not.... :p

alphadeltaromeo

case...make it...it's going to be a really fantastic event with lots of neato vehicles and fun. you'll not regret the fun and friendships you develop there...so make it!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just found this tread... must have not looked to close LOL im in getting there friday afternoon. staying in a lodge room somewhere around clinto. many thanks to clinto for making this event possible. Tim

poppop

Clint

Do the numbers on the Unicoi map indicate where our spots are?? Also, do you have a rough time for the trail ride Sat. I am trying to decide if I can bring fresh peanuts and boil them there, which takes three hours, or bring frozen boiled peanuts for everyone to enjoy. Freight train, you lisening. How many can you eat??????

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello Lloyd,

No, according to the people who I spole with at Unicoi, the actual campsite itself will be issued the morning of check in.

A rough estimate for the trail ride.......hmm.............trailride by itself......this is a guess........maybe a couple hours at the max.....Joel and I measured it in terms of miles, so we could extrapoltae by saying at 5 mph, 12 miles will take "X" time....but I will ask Joel for an estimate.

Also, we will be stopping on the trailride to grab a van that Joel offered to remove for the forrest service and JWaller wants the engine out of it.

poppop

Clint, When do you think we will leave for the ride. I just don't want to stay behind because the peanuts are not done. If we depart say at twelve noon, then everyone has hot peanuts in the truck with them.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would say that most everyone should be at the park by 0900, so my plan had been to goof off, get situated, let everyone get to know one another and then have lunch between 1130 & 1230. After lunch, I figure we'll leave for the trailride, get back in the afternoon, shoot the breeze, then grille some steaks out and hang out by a campfire.

poppop

Sounds great. Maybe I,ll just bring peanuts on ice for those that want to enjoy them. That way we don't mess up lunch or spend a lot of time watching the pot. Although sitting around a pot of boiling peanuts is a lot like sitting around a campfire. All you campers keep in mind I will be bringing bottles of Strickland Farms homemade sugarcane syrup, so bring that pancake mix and it is great with sausage to. Oh, and if you like grits, bring you pot because I will be bringing stone ground grits grown and ground here on the farm to share if you want them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks