• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The 5-Ton HMTT is home!

paradeduty

Successful Delivery!

Hey Gang,

Well it has already been a good day! Finally kicked my butt out the door at about 7:00 am as the weather looked like it was going to cooperate. The trip with the wife bringing up the rear was basically uneventful (thank goodness). About 20 miles at about 20-25 MPH (I think the transfer case is stuck in low range - on the list of things to do). Not a fuel or air issue (at least not a big one) effecting performance because she would get up to 2100 rpm or so without too much problem. But all of the filters are also on the list to be changed, so we will see if there is much of a difference. The ones that are in it are probably older than my socks. But the tires all held together and the brakes worked very good. Didn't blow any belts off (those are on the list, too). New tires all stayed in the bed - good thing since the crane to pick it back up is not working yet! Mary was a trooper and pulled all of the ratchet straps off the tires while I went over things in general with the shop foreman. What a great gal. Anyways, she is now in line with the other trucks on their to-do list.

Dave.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks